Kiwis's and big tundras

micus

Hi there fellow Zenith enthusiasts.

I am a kitbuilder of a ch701. I see lots of the Kiwis are flying with what appear to be a modified front gear/fork to accommodate a larger than factory tundra tire (26"?!?). Are these just being built custom or is there a place to buy one off the shelf. I too plan on running ridiculous Tundra's on my airframe once complete. I cant find much online through the old Google machine.

Thanks for any leads,

Mike.

hey there Marty, no ive not asked on Zenith builders. Forums seems sort of dead but ill ask. I havent gotten my finishing kit so no gear or anything as of yet but i will inquire with Zenair. Thanks for getting back to me here, id really like to be able to order one VS having something fabbed. I went through your build the other night, Fantastic work, and very inspiring considering the materials youve been working with!

• Like 1

Hi Mike, I make the large forks here in Australia for Savannah’s . Not sure if the top bolts are the same for CH 701 mounting. The internal width is 245mm. Distance from top of fork to axel is 300 mm. Tyre fitted is a 8.5 - 6 . Contact me on [email protected] if you are interested. 
Neil

Hi Neil, just noticed you can make forks for the Savannah........can you make forks for other varieties , from dimensioned plans ??  eg: Zodiac 601 HD .

Hi 

1 hour ago, cherk said:

Hi Neil, just noticed you can make forks for the Savannah........can you make forks for other varieties , from dimensioned plans ??  eg: Zodiac 601 HD .

Hi Cherk, I am really only geared up to make the forks for Savannahs . Not sure if the 601D is anything like I make . You could send me dimensions and I will have a look. No promises. 

Neil

• Like 1