Skyranger Nynja moved to the Gold Coast

mph7

Ok boys and girls, ive just bought 19-8285 and moved it up here to Heck Field, I want to make a new instrument panel, does anyone have a blank template for the panel ?

Ohh and im a Pomme, thinking of changing my name to, the whinga with a nynja. 😛

• Haha 2

Is this your panel? if so just make an MDF blank this size and fit your gauges, that's what I did and worked well.  Scott Hendry may have a graphic design as can't remember how he did his aluminium panel.

Have you flown the Nynja yet? if so, how did you find it? 

image.thumb.jpeg.c8e917977d8fc48f065fec1ee76d6974.jpeg

Edited by Blueadventures
  • Like 1

Thats it,  ASI and VSI are not accurate and want to replace them. flys awesome, heavy on the roll but Ill get used to that, want to get my instruments right so I can fly it better. My friend Brock flew it up from Shellharbour last week, his words in flight were ( this thing is awesome and makes a Bushcat look rubbish ) I was going to build a Bushcat but glad I didn't now, especially with them not being made anymore.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mph7 said:

Thats it,  ASI and VSI are not accurate and want to replace them. flys awesome, heavy on the roll but Ill get used to that, want to get my instruments right so I can fly it better. My friend Brock flew it up from Shellharbour last week, his words in flight were ( this thing is awesome and makes a Bushcat look rubbish ) I was going to build a Bushcat but glad I didn't now, especially with them not being made anymore.

Absolutely agree they are awesome to fly.  Maybe check the static /pitot tube; even run a new hose as a temporary fitup (connect to the wing tube and run done inside the front strut and into cabin and onto the ASI and VSI; they may be ok.  I check my system for leaks with a manometer so I know the numbers are good.  What does heavy on roll mean?

Heavy in the ailerons, pith and rudder are great tho. thanks for the advice, will give it a go this weekend.

24 minutes ago, mph7 said:

Heavy in the ailerons, pith and rudder are great tho. thanks for the advice, will give it a go this weekend.

Maybe the rudder centring bungee; either shock cord is old and soft or if still has tension needs moving a little.  I once moved my ones position too far (about 8mm to port side) and had to put in an uncomfortable amount of right rudder during a 1/2 hour flight.  I should have landed and adjusted back a bit but was meeting a mate for lunch so just flew there and did the adjustment for the flight home.

• Informative 1

1 hour ago, mph7 said:

Ok boys and girls, ive just bought 19-8285 and moved it up here to Heck Field, I want to make a new instrument panel, does anyone have a blank template for the panel ?

Ohh and im a Pomme, thinking of changing my name to, the whinga with a nynja. 😛

I have the dimensions. I'm busy designing my panel at the monment

Panel dimensions.pdf

• Informative 2

45 minutes ago, facthunter said:

Good try mph7. It's NOT France, so you have a chance.. Anglo's can be in short supply here..  Nev

Ahhh no it’s not France, I’m Down under , in Straya mate !