Lurking's over !

Steve L

Hi all,

Well.....after about 6 weeks of 'lurking' on this site (Ian's been watching!! and it's fried rice for tea and bedtime will be a reasonable hour tonight :big_grin:), I thought it's about time I dropped in (before I run out of fuel) and spoke up. I have been wanting to fly all my life but due to family, business etc., etc., - old story, I have finally signed up to commence flying in a 170 Jabiru at Murray Bridge. Hope it can do loops and barrel rolls he he!

Have been reading loads of interesting articles about flying and am getting the gist of the language gradually.

P.S. This is a great forum and got to hand it to Ian - he's doing a great job.

Cheers,

Steve

thanks fellas,

Will be happy when I am able to cross country but thats a long way off yet. On top of that I wish to buy a kit plane, a jabiru at this stage, so im still thinking 18 months- 2 years.

I was truckie for 20+ years doing drill rig shifts in very remote parts of OZ in the early 70s ( now im showing my age lol) some of them are still remote and it would be good to see them from the air. Also catch up with mates interstate and just general flying around. Sure will beat driving the car :rotary:

Steve

Welcome Steve L. How do you like flying the J170? I learned on a Gazelle which was great. I have transitioned to a J160 Jabiru and I love it too, but she keeps me on my toes. I will be at Murray Bridge in June, so maybe we'll catch up and tell some lies in the hangar.

Cazza

Thanks Cazza, I have only just started flying and my second time in the Jab will be tomorrow. So far I like it and am pretty certain I'll purchase a Jabiru. I am only able to fit a 500mtr airstrip on my property, hence the 170. Mike at Murray Bridge has 3 other planes, a Texan, Gazelle and I believe a Lightwing all of which I would like to fly eventually.

Don't plan to be in the hanger too much if there's blue sky above lol, anyway it will be good to catch up with you guys, share a few lies and check out your 160 if your coming in it. Let us know when your dropping in.

Steve

Am organising a L2 maintenance workshop at Mike's hangar on 14th of June, so I'll probably fly in on Friday 13th and be there on the 14th. We'll be using the Windsock lounge too. Drop in and say G'day. I'll probably be the only female pilot there.

CAzza

Hi Cazza, didn't know about your workshop until now. Do I need to book cause I'll be there to say hello. Mike took me on my first ever lesson when he was with Recreational Pilots Academy, now he's in competition with them. Photo taken that day. For those that don't know Mike, he's the short one.

338712522_Afterfirstlesson.jpg.be176d2b8bb0562b5dd370040266bec4.jpg

Hi Desk PIlot,

Workshop is full, but pop in and have a cuppa at MT or lunch. If you are interested in a DVD of a jabiru workshop, check the RA-Aus bulletin board on the RA-Aus site for details.

CAZZA

Hi Cazza,

I'll be there to say hello too. Think my next question to you was just answered, I take it anyone can attend a L2 maintenance

workshop. When would the next one be conducted in SA

Steve