Amphibous conveyance any ideas?

Does anyone have any personal experience in owning or flying seaplanes (RAA types) as I'm looking at a project involving such aircraft and any input from the converted would be great.

Rick-p

Guys a couple I intend to look at are the Gannet seaplane and the Freedom amphibous.

I understand that they are manufactured in Spain.

They have excellent spec's but also goodly price tag but are quality.

Has anyone had anything to do with these planes?

I think that there is also the Allegro on floats.

I suppose I really would prefer a hull as opposed to floats.

A hull would appear to be better suited to where I want to use it or use them.

Anyway any assistance by way of advice or a heading in the right direction will be greatly appreciated.

Regards and thanks,

Rick

One of our local pilots has sold his Jabiru, which he built and is waiting for a Petrel kit. Shouldn't be long now so I may have a bit of info.

Hi Ian, that would be great.

Basically my home away from home is on an island in the Philippines and I'm a member of the ACFC (Angeles City Flying Club) 85 kays a long drive away but first a 40 minute boat trip.

I attend the club about every week for a couple of days at a time and can't thinkof a better way to do it other than by an amphibous aircraft, of course 912 powered as Jabiru don't as I understand it operate well in a pusher prop configuration, hard to keep cool.099_off_topic.gif.20188a5321221476a2fad1197804b380.gif

Anyway, I want something highly resistant to corrosion, strong and with a reasonable cruise, preferably with a hull and not floats.

There is also not too far from the Club a huge river which make for an ideal training area and playground.002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

As I said previously any assistance in locating the right aircraft will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rick-p

Guest brentc

The Allegro that was on floats unfortuntely isn't any more due to certification issues - we have it at Tooradin.

A good flying friend went OS to Spain last year to check out the Freedom S100 / Gannett with a view to import them on behalf of a large Melbourne based aviation company. Needless to say that the deal didn't go ahead. I'll just say that if you want to know more about the aircraft from someone that has flown it, I can put you in touch with him. It is a good aircraft, but it does have limitations which I can elaborate on if you wish.

Thanks Brentc,

Maybe it would be appropriate if your friend sent me a PM as to what his view is on the planes after having flown them also if you have any info it will be appreciated, thanks.

Thanks OME, I did know that but I was sort of fishing for some end user advice as the agent may only tell me the pros not the cons.;)

Rick-p