Aircraft Owners - How many hours per year?

Just out of curiosity how many hours do you fly in the aircraft you own?

Did you think it would be more?

Do you fly other aircraft instead?

And what stops you from getting out in it more (apart from life!) ie 2 hour drive, weather etc.

I'll start I only do about 10 hrs a year in my Thruster! Not good but I live interstate and when I do get to Brissy its a 1.5 hour drive to get out there and by the time I get it out clean it up and inspect it all over again - time runs out very quickly on a trip! But I still like the idea of having it there when I want it.

Adam.

When we had the Sportstar it was pretty much spot on 100 hours per year and in the 12 months we've had the CT4 I've done about 130 hours. I try to get out every weekend for a couple of hours weather permitting...if I miss a week I will get some more time in the following weekend.

Guest J430

A good 150 hrs a year.......... Wonder what will happen when I have a 175knot machine????

Might be back a bit around 120 or so!

J

Hi Adam, I fly a microlight with a 582cc 2 stroke motor. I average between 100 to 120 hrs a year. Which approx equates to 2-3 hours a week. Most Microlight people here in the Hunter Valley/NSW Mid North Coast average about the same too. I knock off work at 4PM and especially during daylight saving time, I manage to squeeze some more airtime in during the week, but with the onset of winter now, i'm just a weekend pilot. I live 35 mins away from the airfield where I fly so that helps too, i'm also single which is a bonus :) I sympathise for you and I hope that you can find yourself a place to keep your machine closer by, it looks nice.

regards

Dennis

Guest rxbrumby

I bought my plane in december, used it to finish my licence, nax, pax, tailwheel, and formation endorcment. I live about 15-20 minutes from airfield. I usually get an hour friday arvo after work and another 2-3 hours on saturday or sunday when weather permits. I have worked out I need to average 2 hours a week to make ownership worthwhile. It is nice to know that I can use it when ever time permits and not have to book it and have it back on time.

Since August last year I have done about 140 hours in the Skylark and 10 or 12 in the Sportstar.

That's with only about 12 hours total in the first 3 months of this year due to crappy weather. 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif

Cheers

I have had the Savvy in the air for 15 months and am completing the 200 hourly this weekend. This equates to 160 hrs per year, my busiest so far but not by much. I am fortunate to have a strip on my property which enables lots of after work quick flights - just because I can. :big_grin::big_grin::big_grin::big_grin:

Cheers

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Lucky B:censored:tds,

Here I was thinking that just because I could find the time to build a plane, I would also have the time to fly it........

No such luck...

She'll be hangared for a while yet, I haven't been able to spare half a day for ages. And if I did, I'd feel guilty,

Enjoy your flying while I am stuck at home cutting firewood/fixing fences, etc on weekends. 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif