How do I get rid of this stupid Grin?

Went Solo Saturday, been ready for a couple of weeks but weather hasn't been playing along, suddenly wind straight down the main runway, maybe 7 or 8 knots, sweet, jumped in for a couple of circuits with instructor, said he'd seen enough, filled up with some fuel and off I went, Jab flies so much better 1 up doesn't it :) Landing was good, great day and to top it off I passed the radio exam too before I left, so all exams out of the way now (except for Navs) Really enjoying this flying thing:big_grin::big_grin:

Congratulation !! The GRIN rid ?

Yes, you will get yourself lost in NAVS, the sure remedy to all grins and the fuel excess.........

In particular on the way back.

:thumb_up:Well done and congrats..To answer your question, try doing some cct's in a 14 knt gusty crosswind..that'll get rid of the grin...lol...no, just kidding, you'll handle it, but mabye not with a grin untill the wheels stop..

cheers and good luck:thumb_up:

:thumb_up:thanks guys-yep had quite a few crosswind sessions so far,just the way the weather has played out, but am slowly getting the hang of c/wind landings - instructors hands not drifting towards the stick so often anymore - think he's getting bored ;)..nah I'll get there soon..

• 1 month later...
Guest landmann

Once you got the grins you are pretty much done for. You can use the pucker factor to maintain a lips level attitude while you are up there. You only have so much skin and a tight pucker below will pull down a lot of skin in the facial area. I have even had it so tight it pulled down my lower jaw for a while and I thought for sure I was cured but as soon as I got back down and quit vibrating......there it was...back again. :big_grin: