Hello all, not really landed yet..

Guest swede

Guest swede

GDDAY to all, well what does a slightly misplaced Mechanical Engineer working as a Technical electronics trainer do when he get's bored...... Easy; he buys himself a AEROPUP and learn to fly - actually have not even had a introductory flight yet.... If I can work in the "wrong" occupation and get away with it I should also be able to get away with starting in the wrong end.. That's my way of doing things back to front - why be like everybody else when you don't have to......

Hej just trying to justify the purchase of a aeroplane,

My expertise is:

Electronics: Consumer AV electronics, Ham radio (VK2FLN)

Mechanical: Air compressors, Big block Chev engines (Got a 871 blown 454 in my Truck)

Thats me 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Yea, but it'd still be slower than a Ford Trimotor 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif 006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif

099_off_topic.gif.20188a5321221476a2fad1197804b380.gif 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif Swede, nice to have you on board. I started out as an electronics engineer then went mechanical. Guess we all have our own way of doing things. Just make sure you learn to fly before you take to the skies in your Areopup 'cause you don't want to get the live/die thing reversed as well.

Guest swede

Hi, and thanks all,

Yes at 400 + kgs with the blower it's a bit heavy... for a ultralight - may have to build one of those thunder mustangs - 540 cubes supercharged of the generals best is common... have not seen a XXXX (four letter swear word) in a plane yet.. maybe Doug has??

I knew I'd wind someone up :devil: but being of British extraction, I don't have the GM/Ford mentality that the so called true blue Aussie has. I just drive a Falcon BT because it was the right price, at the right time (ex demo, 500K's, plus gas and tint options, $16K less than new price, )

Swede, you raise an interesting question, Have any FORD powered planes been built? Will have to do some research.

• 2 weeks later...

A little 'off topic' but follows up on my earlier post. Interesting reading.

http://www.countdowntokittyhawk.com/sponsors/ford/henryford.html

Two Ford engines are also being used to power Boeing's latest high altitude unmanned spy plane. If I can find the web-page again, I'll post it.

Too easy.

http://www.goodcleantech.com/2007/10/boeings_hydrogen_aircraft_to_b.php

099_off_topic.gif.20188a5321221476a2fad1197804b380.gif As you see Swede, topics are many and varied, and quite often get hijacked. No matter what engine you have up front, or on top, or behind, it's the ability to get up and fly that (en)powers us all. Learn well and enjoy a long life in the air.

Guest swede

Hi, thanks for the reply,

The AEROPUP only cruise at 90 odd knots with a 2.2 Jabiru, but that will do, main reason for the "pup" is the folding wings as I already had a 7 meter long trailer - Hence no worries transporting the aircraft, you find more if you go to http://www.aeropup.com

cheers to all and thanks for making me feel welcome.....018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif

Guest JohnH

From one of the Johns

Hi,

ill see u at the oaks again.

Thanks for the new TV now well never get Dave in the air!

JohnH

Guest swede
Great news ,,,when do you expect to get started on the build ,, Have you decided to go with the jab motor ?

Hi Brett, the "pup" is already built ("a factory built experimental"), yes the Jab 2.2 looks to be the easy way out - now with the dollar falling all imported engines won't be economical enough to consider, was looking very close at the Canadian 99 hp BMW conversions for awhile - but - all up not that much cheaper than the homegrown Jab...