Has anyone read this Trike book?

Hi Scotty,

That book was supplied to me as part of the start up kit when I signed on to learn.

I found it to be quite a good book although there is no refence to it in any of the course as there is for The Microlight Pilots Handbook by Brian Cosgrove(also supplied at start up). Funny thing is though the workbook you get from the H.G.F.A is dated May 1997 and the Cosgrove book was revised in 2002 so none of the page number references in the work book match the actual reference in the Cosgrove book.

Regards Bill

Hi Bill....Thank you for that.....I am looking for a book which is Trike flying specific. I am a GA flyer so know all the basics and weather etc, I am looking for a good text for flying Trikes and the techniques used.

regards Scotty keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif

Hi Scotty,

I think probably go with your origonal find, it seems to have less weather and three axis stuff. You may find that you will have to purchase the Cosgrove one if you go on to start training, probably talk to your potential instructor about that though. I got both the books as part of the start up package but I don't know if that is exclusive to the school I am training with.

The Cosgrove one is a U.K book and the other is a U.S publication

Regards Bill

Guest Peggy2

I'm a GA pilot as well and wasted 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif$50 on the Cosgrove "book you must have" if your converting to weightshift, with a picture of a Microlight trike on the front cover but 90% fixed wing info inside.

Peggy2....you said what I was thinking ...006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif!! So what did you find that was more Trike specific? As you said we have covered all the other stuff during our GA training so are looking for more Trike specific.

Scotty :big_grin:

Guest Peggy2

Is that you Chris?:big_grin:

Well the best trike specific information I found was free from forums like these and anything else I forgot came from the Ra-Aus website....who needs to buy books?

Hope to see you at Bathurst soon or at "Inverness."

Guest Peggy2

Im in Portland but trike is hangared in Mudgee.

If you send me a PM with your phone number I'll give you a call.

Bob.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, I emailed Lucian one of the Authors for this book and in a week it arrived on my door step! How good is that!!:thumb_up:

I am up to chapter 3 at the moment and this seems a very good book. I will let you know how I find the rest of the text but so far very good and Trike specific which is what I wanted.

Scotty 018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif

Yes, very good diagrams clarifying what the text is saying. It doesnt have all the glossy pics but good diagrams. I got through a bit more today while at work. really enjoying it and learning a lot. Maybe Ian can look at getting it in for his shop. I dont want to give it too good a rap in case Ian thinks im trying to sell it! There is a lack of good Trike specific books on the market and this is a good one.

regards Scotty :big_grin: