We're New Too

Guest douglish

Guest douglish

Hi folks

Doug & Lisha have just joined. Doug is GA and RA(better), my wife Lisha is RA. I/We have had a few GA aircraft, currently building a Yippyio that was to be a GA, but looks like we can get it light enuff to be RA, so that will be it.

We live on the edge of a private airstrip on the mainland in the Whitsundays. Any more see our sacred site http://www.yippyio.net

Cheers all, would like to say more, but it is late and Ian is rousing "Shouldn't you be going to bed"? HE obviously is not cheering on our swimmers at Beijing.

Guest douglish

At 12.27 was Ian getting cross with you, or weren't you game to look at THAT CORNER of the page?

If you enjoy a laugh go to "What's a Yippyio" in the Homebuilt aircraft section. Just understand that you are not allowed to tell CASA.

Guest dazdru

Hi and welcome. Whitsundays heh ..... sometimes life just isnt fair. Oh well I will just have to enjoy the Hay plains I am stuck with...!

Guest douglish

Dunno wot's the problem, we looked around after reading that and WE think it's FAIR.

(Blue skies, fair breeze, o/n temp 10 deg, now 27 - YEP that's FAIR)

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif Douglish,

I have a similar situation and my piece of paradise is 1.5 NM from the coast and the mouth of the Mulgrave and Russell rivers,45 ks south of Cairns.

If you want to see it just go to my blog.

Cheers,

Frank.

Guest douglish

WOW!

I assume that you gird on your armour and charge those crays with swords drawn?

Love the shape of that river mouth, good protection where you are in a blow, but quick close access to the sea.

Some of us are more fortunate than others I guess, but of course we have to push that "LUCK?" by first choosing to live in Nth Qld. :devil:

THAT should get folks out of trees and spark some discussions.

Just lucky.

G`Day Douglish,

It`s taken 40 years of blood sweat and tears to get this lucky and it ain`t over yet.

I found the harder I worked the luckier I got.

Some of us here in NTH QLD sure are lucky.

Cheers,

Frank. 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Ps, If you ever fly over,you`re welcome to land here.

Welcome Douglish,

Had a look at your sight and am so jealous of your position. I live on an airpark but not near the islands, in the middle of dry country. I liked it until I saw yours. OH>>>> why is the grass always greener?

Glad to have you aboard.

CAZZA

Guest douglish

Farri,

It never stops or we suddenly stop being "lucky".

Thanks a lot, once the Yippyio flies, we will be landing there. Of course reciprocal rights applies.

DougLish

Guest douglish

Cazza

You too will get a visit when we get a go on. Who notices the surroundings when warbirds and antiques are filling your skies.

Scenery, Scenery, - What scenery?, who's looking anywhere but up???

YAIRS - about that greener gra- - -