DKM1

Hi Doug

Hi Doug

Well like most of us, for as long as I can remember I wanted to fly ,going from student to pilot was a bit of a slow process due to life getting in the way not all bad.My first set of wings was a Sapphire which I recently sold and miss, I hope to be able to get a new aircraft soon well I hope. As far as the rest I'm in my mid thirty's I live in the north of Tasmania and have a young family, I'm a share farmer on a dairy farm and hope to have good season so I can get airborne sooner.

Regards Daniel

Gday Daniel :thumb_up: welcome

I think you will enjoy the forum as there is plenty of opportunity to discuss anything to do with aviation and you will usually find someone can answer your questions if you have any

I'm fairly new myself and have just taken possession of a Savannah (not new) and have done 17 hours under instruction and the last six minutes ( 1 circuit) solo .in a Technam Echo.

I'm hoping one day to fly to Tassie and visit my brother and his wife who live in Launceston I don't know how far that is from where your farm is located, I also have friends in Bernie

Cheers 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Ken

Hi Ken

A Savannah sounds great have read a lot about them,but have yet to have a close look at one.I live about 1 hour from Launceston and about 45 minutes from Burnie by car and not long if you are flying,I live at a place called Roland.

Regards Daniel 002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Hi Doug

I checked out Roland on Google earth it appears to be in a nice valley with a rather large waterway next to it. Is it as flat as it looks looking down from Google earth? Also noticed a big power line going through the place. Does that interfere much with your flying?

Cheers

Ken

Hi Ken

The power lines are a bit of a pain they run right though the middle of the top farm,where a nice strip could have been.The lake is Lake Barrington part of the hydro electric scheme and yes it looks flatter then it is from the air, it's quite hilly here.

But the scenery is great.

Regards Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Welcome to the forum, am am a Tassy boy too my original home, Turner's Beach, we had a mixed farm and market gardens that was my Grandfathers but Dad sold in the 1990's.

I had at one stage a girlfriend out your way, ohh the follies of youth:yuk:.

Bob.