Brand new CTsw avialable

Admin

Hi All

I heard on the grapevine that there is a brand new CTsw available to buy with delivery in just over 2 months instead of the normal 9 to 12 month wait.

NO IT'S NOT MINE 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

I heard a new purchaser has had to defer his delivery to the next shipment making his one available to snap up now.

The Americans have been snapping up every single CT that comes of the production line (220 a year) as the CT is now the biggest selling LSA in America - selling twice as many as its nearest competitor. I was lucky to only have to wait 8 months for mine as I got my order in just before this years Sun-n-fun show in the States.

If you know anyone that may be considering a CT then I would let them urgently know NOW so they can jump at this opportunity as I know what it is like to have to wait so darn long for your new aircraft to arrive.

What a xmas present!!!

Hi Case

I know they are just about to go up in price for 2007 deliveries so I am guessing it is at the old price that goes back to the start of 2006 when it was first ordered and I heard - but don't quote me on this - that it has to have its final specs done this week so you may possibly be able to spec it with the avionics etc that you want.

The other good thing about this is that it is the new tail one which has a bigger fin and wider elevator which is the one that I ordered as well - darn it if I had have known I wouldn't have had to have paid out my $35k deposit so long ago and I could have collected the interest till now 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif

The best thing would be to ring Shaun on 0414-969-517.

Also, to all the CT'ers out there I hope to organise a CT flyin weekend next year and get some people like Rotax, a rep from Germany etc to join in to make it a learning and fun weekend.

G'day Ian,

Interesting to hear about the CTsw available in 2 months.

......you mentioned a larger fin and wider elevator....has there been another change recently or do you mean the 2006 model?

We would be definitely interested in attending a CT fly-in 'weekend' next year...any ideas as yet where it might be held & when? (YBAS maybe) :big_grin:

Regards

Dave

Hi Dave

The whole 2006 model thing has become a situation like when you buy a holden - a kingswood or a premier - the larger fin and elevator version has been labeled as the 2006 model (the premier) whilstthe "standard" CTsw (the kingswood) still has the smaller fin and elevator.

When you purchase a new CTsw you still have to select which one you want - the smaller one or the larger one with the larger fin one costing more.

I am guessing they will phase out the smaller fin one much like they phased out the 2k which the only difference was the length of the wings.

I presume you have read about the CT flyin they are having in the States so I thought it would be a good idea to start up a similiarannual one here for all us guys that have one of these "dream" machines ;)

I spoke to Leo about this several months ago but I just haven't had the time to start putting it all together but it will have to be at a location where the WA guys like yourself, NT, Vic and Qld owners can all get together in a centralised place - any thoughts?

Hold off setting a date for the CT fly-in until 3841 is airworthy again OR I can host it here at YCOM ... we can all sit around my little shed admiring how cute the CT looks w/out gear. If only I could get it off the ground I'm sure it would scream without all that u/c drag, but then there's that mandatory landing issue. Ouch.

What's the worry about holding the fly-in central to east and west coast. With Dave's aviation experience and flying VH-CTD he'd be able to get over in no time flat, and may even enjoy the flight. Waddaya reckon Dave?

Paul

Thanks Ian....now I understand. I assume I have the bigger fin and elevator as I ticked the LSA 2006 box when I ordered. As there are no others (older models) over here inWA, I have nothing to compare it with.

How about the Barossa Valley for the fly-in.......that is fairly central and a nice place as well!

Regards

Dave

Hey Paul

Got the number for my new one - it is 24-4848

rather "cool" like 24-48... is 2x4 = 8 and 4848 istwo 4's andtwo 8's etc etc plus it is easy to say CT 4848 in the circuit as you know you need a quick radio call in the CT as it goes so darn fast 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Aldinga, just sth of Adelaide would be a nice spot too, and we have forum friends there. I know the regulars at YADG will make us very welcome and it's within the McLaren Vale wine district too. Also a short scenic hop from there to sth cst of SA and Kangaroo Island. Take a look at http://www.adelaidebiplanes.com.au/for more info ... gotta go for a fly in that Super Decathlon :)

PaulN

Guest palexxxx

Hi,

I believe that there will be a 'trial fly day' in Shepparton next year on March 18th. There is an advert about the event in the latest RAA magazine.

Hi Peter

Both the CT and the blue Gazelle that are pictured in the story in the magazine are/were mine - I sold the CT that is pictured there in May but I still have my old faithful Gazelle.

The Gazelle use to be one of the trainers at Shepp but is currently at Tyabb and I am now in Port Macquarie paying to fly someone else's aircraft - funny how things work out 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Hi Paul,

YCOM for the fly in eh! Trouble is, we "sandgropers"can't handle those high field elevations....3088 ft is way beyond our comfort level ;) (glad they don't play the AFL grandfinal at Cooma....WA would never get a look in!) and if we are going to travel that far we will need to get an autopilot retrofitted! (my only regret so far with my choice of options when I ordered)

Regards

Dave

WestCoast

• 2 weeks later...

hi everone new to this game i been trying to finish mytraining off for some time. dont know if i shoud buy a ct and finish with my dream plane or wait. hoping it will rain next year so that i grow some wheat up here in the wheat belt. would loveto see a ct up here on the farm in bunjil wa some time any one interested in flying up sme time. regards kimbo

I don't know if anyone took this offer up but I heard today the CTsw is going up in price for next year something like 8,000 Euro which is about a $13,500 increase - wow am I lucky I got mine - well don't actually have it yet but will have in about 6 weeks.

I am told the huge price increase is because Boeing and Airbus are buying up big on Carbon Fibre so I can only guess that all the plastic fantastics will go up in price.