Grumpy Old Pilot with new set of wings

Guest Johnmac

Guest Johnmac

I have been a member of RAA for 5 years having converted from GA after loosing the war with maintenance costs. I flew and owned a Mooney M20C that was a money pit and finally sold it 5 years ago. Fortunately I did not give up flying and now own a Skyfox Gazelle, a far cry from the Mooney but a lot of fun to fly. I purchased the aircraft last year in November( before the stock market crash) and undertook the long flight from Serpentine (50 kms south of Perth) to Caloundra on the East Coast. Since then the aircraft has been housed at Gympie and I have just moved it to a new hangar owned by Ian who has recently purchased a CTLS. My little Gazelle is no match for the CTLS but I have learnt that flying is all about the enjoyment of flying not how fast you can get there.

I have written a lengthy story of the flight from Perth, if anyone is interested I will forward to them. The story covers all the emotional ups and downs to the probelms of camels on remote bush strips.011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

Post it here mate, if it is to big or has pictures etc then email it to me at admin@ this site address. Also as Ultralights says, send it to the mag as they are always after great stories as well.

Sounds interesting because:

1. you have a Gazelle - as do I

2. You have it in a hangar owned by Ian - my name also

3. The hangar owner has a CTLS - I have owned 2 CTsw

Hmmm, I wish I could make The Twilight Zone theme into text ;)

Welcome abroad John:big_grin::big_grin: (yes it was intended)

Good o'll Gympie:thumb_up: My grandparents live there....Duncan Polley (Polley's coaches)....you should of heard of him/them, well if you haven't yet it's time to have a look around the Gympie roads 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif006_laugh.gif.d4257c62d3c07cda468378b239946970.gif

Cheeers....

Tom

Guest Johnmac

The camels were ok, they stayed on the end of the runway, two hours without a pee was the problem, camels or not I was going to land, bloody prostrate problems for grumpy old men!!!!

Guest Johnmac

Ihav ejust got to edit the nasty four letter words about a refueller at Kalgoolie that tied to get a $80 call out from me so then it would be fine. John