Teen movie from the 80's - Help me

shags_j

Hey all,

There was a movie in the 80's (loved it when I was a kid).

Opening scene is a race between (from memory) a tomahawk and a motorbike. Kid eventually fly's some kind of jet to save his dad (can't remember type).

What is the name of this movie? I can't find it.

Cheers,

Shags

I remember that! They named the race something like, 'racing the bluff' or something. At the time it didn't make sense as to how they determined that the same distance was flown versus the car. Maybe it was Young Eagles or something? From memory the pilot guy strapped a cassette player onto his leg and pumped it up.

Some good flying. Not sure what you mean there Doug about the magic flaps. I noticed flaps were down quite a bit but merely so the motorbike could keep up for the filming. Not bad for the 80's without special effects and CGI computers. Reminds me of my early U/L days where I may have allegedly raced with motorbikes on the odd occasion. Luckily for me I had the advantage of altitude, so when they were nearing the end of the strip, I just pulled back! Great fun, but all over when part 103 comes along 049_sad.gif.af5e5c0993af131d9c5bfe880fbbc2a0.gif

Iron eagle...hehe... there's a blast from the past.. if memory serves, the plot was a bit sketchy, an airforce brat learns to fly by discuising himself and his dad teaches him to fly the f16, he just keeps his helmet on with the sun visor down..hehe, super discuise..oh yea, and he only flies well while listening to 80's glamrock music (don't we all)... not to be outdone by the plot in iron eagle2, now there's a cinematic masterpiece..006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif