has anybody ever?

geoffreywh

I was browsing through Aircraft Spruce the other day when I saw a "conversion" kit for DC headsets. It changes the headset from PNR to ANR. Has anybody ever tried them? Not cheap but a lot cheaper than new headsets.....

I have one of these in my DC 13.4. It works well, just need to remember to turn the battery box off. Only problem is that when the batteries go flat in flight you may as well not be wearing a headset as when you fit the speaker assembly for the ANR, some of the foam is removed that comes standard with the headset.

If you are referring to the "headsets Incorporated" kit I have one fitted in my headset (USA mil spec but not DC) and they are a good unit, having the advantage that the ANR does not affect the normal headset operation. Also service was good when my C150 got converted to amphip mode during a flood one of the boards corroded and they sent me a new board and couple of mic capsules free. The headset is now no.1 in the CH701. I remember letting a passenger use it for a bit and I struggled to get it back.

dont rely on the batt box, just wired a 9V regulator powered off the aircraft power, so I leave it switched allways on.

Ralph