Hi from Ron in Adelaide

Ron Hoey

Hi all,

I have recently earned my RA Pilot Certificate, R & XC at Murray Bridge Light Aircraft Flying School, 80km east of Adelaide.

My aim is to see as much of this wonderful country as possible, in concert with my very adventurous wife.

Current ambition is to own a Savannah or similar and do some aerial 4 wheel driving, under-wing camping out bush.

Meantime, hire-fly and survive the first 100 hours.

Looking forward to learning and sharing with all you fellow aviators.

Ron

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif Ron, I usually fly with RPA at MB but did do some tail wheel stuff at Aldinga. It's a pity the 2 airfields are more than 25 miles apart as I'd like to fly between them (haven't got my XC yet). Couldn't really get lost going from one to the other, could you?

Steven, it's a different world over them hills at Aldinga, and the river country is beautiful. Aldinga has the best cafe' amenities though.

S8000872r.jpg.8e12c7c4170d8e127997d447da9a9123.jpg

S8000875r.jpg.7b67ee07ca320d92583adf19673214bc.jpg

Is that a flight sim complete with seat belt?

It is a static instrument panel so you need imagination to 'fly' it :-). It does have a seat belt and headset though. the other day a kid was in it doing howling engine sounds (like it is in some big dive) and I said to his mother. I hope mine doesn't sound like that! :-)

Steven.

Guest basscheffers
It's a pity the 2 airfields are more than 25 miles apart as I'd like to fly between them (haven't got my XC yet).

Even if they were, you could fly there but not land!

Without X/C you may only potter about 25NM from where you took off and you also have to land there. Otherwise you could fly around the country, doing a touch and go every 25NM! ;)

Guest Brett Campany

G'day Ron! Just a question, how many hours did it take you all up to get fully certified?

I'm just kicking off things now, my wife is just as adventurous as I am, we've been out bush many, many times in our 4WD but it's always been an ambition of mine to own our own aircraft and fly every where.

Such a huge country and so many places to go!

Welcome along!

Hi Brett,

Thanks for the welcome.

I took 50 hours to get my certificate and had the XC, radio and passenger endorsement by 80. Pretty slow, but I'm no spring chicken and I have a meticulous CFI who (quite correctly) wants everything just right.

My wife and I did a trip to Lake Mungo in a J 160 a couple of weeks back. Stopped 2 nights and did the local tour. A great first trip to try out my new privileges.

It surely is the best way to see the country.

Go for it!

Hot off the press. I've just placed an order for a Savannah VG XL kit and expect to take delivery around late January. I'm as excited as a schoolboy on his first date!

Blue skies,

Ron.

Hi Steven & Doug,

Thanks for the welcome.

I flew into Aldinga a couple of weeks back and agree that the coffee shop is something else. Great facilities there.

Get that XC Doug, it's worth the effort.

Hoping to meet you guys one day,

Ron.