Ozi Explorer for navs

Ferris

I've got Ozi Explorer in a standard PDA type navigator, which has been loaded with 4wd maps and WAC charts to cover both my passions. As you may have guessed I'm fairly new with Ozi Explorer, and I'm having a bit of trouble with the maps changing too often. Does anybody know if there is a method of getting Ozi just to display WAC charts while flying and topographical maps while driving. It's very frustrating to be flying along and have the WAC chart disappear and a road map show up without notice. Cheers Ferris.

Guest Brett Campany

Hey Ferris, best way to combat that is to have your WAC charts on one SD Card and your 4WD maps on another. That way they'll only read what ever is in the memory.

Failing that if you don't have an SD Card slot, make a folder up to put your charts into that Ozi can't access while it's in use. That way you can have the charts you want in the directory folder and the other charts on standby in a random folder elswhere on your unit.

Hope that helps.

G'day FERRIS,

sounds like you have "search for more detailed maps" check box ticked active ! In the configuration system page there is a tabbed page which has the box...IIRC..on the RHS of the page.......UNcheck it or change to a longer time to search...I think default is 120 seconds.

...........hope thats wot yer afta!

Another way: (or maybe what Matt is saying)

OziExplorerCE supports multiple Map File Paths.

Next to each is a check box where you can set them Active.

Just go to File --> Configuration --> Map & Data Files and select the one you want active (after you have the new path added there).

My PDA broke, and the operation I performed on it was successful, but the patient died.

So I did some research and found an excellent solution.

It's a Mio Moov 300 and I now run OziExplorer on it (after unlocking it and revealing the Windows CE running underneath). In the process I found that a new version of OziExplorerCE has been released. It absolutely rocks! You can design your own screens exactly how you want them.

I'll take pics and write it up soon.

Cheers,

Ross