Hi All

Sapphire

Hi,My name is Norm and I just joined the forum a few minutes ago which has a lot of good information. I went straight to a Sapphire search and found the Sapphire I recently aquired (0051) being discussed in 2007. After three months of fixing up and licencing it, I did my first flight last Sat.at Narrogin WA airfield. It still has an open canopy and was holding onto my glasses and working the throttle at the same time. It is nice to fly compared to the Thruster I spent five hours in to get my ultralight licence. Will be making some wheel fairings and putting on an enclosed canopy. Has anybody done this? Honest Steve, at Sapphire, recommends I hide all sharp objects when installing the canopy as it is a frustrating job.Again hi to all and hope to hear from some Sapphire fans.Norm

G'day Norm and welcome to the forums.

A good mate of mine, who goes by the name Friar Puk on these forums, is moving to Katanning/Narrogin in the new year. He has recently bought a Skyranger kit which he intends to build when he arrives. I'm sure he will enjoy catching up.

Cheers, Mathew

• 1 month later...

Skyranger on hold till WA

G'day blokes

I will be on the ground in WA in early March and am champing at the bit to rip open the boxes and start building my Skyranger. I figure it is easier to transport a kit in it's original transportation boxes rather than a half built plane. But seeing the 100 Rotax in the garage everyday just sitting there is driving me crazy! Especially now that I have my full cross country licence and nothing built to cross the country with!

Hang in there mate - the day will come soon enough when that engine will be taking you up - keep us informed with each step of the build would you mate?

Guest Maj Millard

Hi Sapphire/norm, yes there was one up here with a fully enclosed cockpit canopy, I may have some photos laying around somewhere.. it shouldn't be a big deal to setup. Just make sure you can get it open when you want, and make sure it dosen't pop open in flight, which can be character building and very inconvienient. 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif