A good start to today.

Well having gotten up at 9.00am, early for me, opened my birthday cards, 67 today, read all my mail/email/site posts, and had breakfast, I'm now off to enjoy one of my presents. Another hour in the air down at Murray Bridge. If I'm lucky the BBQ will be in operation so I'm looking forward to a fun day all round, just like my stomach. God I must loose weight this year. Anyone got a really good, non exercise way of getting thinner?

Cheers Guys. what a nice day, so far. A pleasant, high speed trip over the hills and down the freeway, met some GA visitors at the airfield, one of whom has a WW2 Spitfire pilot for an uncle and therefore some yarns to pass on. He, the uncle, knew Douglas Bader, not as a fellow pilot, but as a double leg amputee after a tree fell on him. Funnily, he summed up DB the same as I did, having met him during my RAF days, a right ill mannered, self centred ****hole. Didn't like the man at all, a view shared by some of his fellow pilots.

Anyway, after a long coffee break and chat, I finally got airborne and headed NW over another set of hills and finally broke through into the Barossa Valley. Sure looked good from 4000 ft. Never flown up there before especially as it's pushing the 25 mile rad a tad. Too soon I had to turn back and find my way home. A bit hazy, the weather not me, but, although now with a nasty head wind, I got back safely, did a practice Xwind landing then set her down on the second approach. That one had to be good as the school owner was on finals behind me so I landed long and neatly, thank God. Dipped out on the BBQ but my missus made up for that when I got home.

As for the rest of the day, the garden can wait, cleaning my shed can wait, the dogs can miss their walk for a day 'cause I'm going to lie back and read. Might even have a cold one, or two. Have a nice day.

Anyone got a really good, non exercise way of getting thinner?

They reckon if you JUMP to conclusions enough its rather good exercise 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Ps. Hope you had a great day......