2 person intercom?

Spriteah

Guest Maj Millard

I just fitted a used Sigtronics intercom box with a Microair 760 VHF radio. Has 2 or 4 place option, so you only hook up two wires. Works brilliantly, and all info for installation with any radio or whatever, on the Sigtronics web site. Believe there are also a few Sigtronic- clone intercom boxes around now, and they are possibly just as good ?.

The model I fitted is the SP-400 which is a fairly old model, but still works fine. If you do go this route and need any info or help let me know. There are also some nice portable type intercoms boxes that are batt powered plus 12 vdc. A friend just picked one up recently on Ebay made by Aviall for use in a Drifter. Both units I have mentioned are commonly used in GA aircraft. Good luck. Cheers. 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

I've got a Pilot Avionics PA200 2 place minicom in a Thruster and it works great.I think I got it from Downunderpilotshop.It cost under $150 about 3 years ago and runs on a 9v battery which lasts for over 20 hours of flight(unless you forget to turn it off).They definately have special units for icom and vertex radios.For about an extra $50 you can purchase an expansion module to make it 4 place(I don't have this though).Of course you should always check Ians shop before shopping elsewhere.

If you are handy with a soldering iron & are comfortable with some basic electronics, you can make up a Vox kit from Jaycar (about $15) which adds on to the inbuilt intercom facility of the A200. No internal changes needed - it simply picks up the appropriate pins on the connector. I housed mine in a little Jiffy box bolted underneath the Icom mounting cradle. This setup has worked well for nearly 3 years. PM me if you would like further details