Fly in - Echuca 24-26 April 2009

Captain

Bummer - egg on my face :confused: - should have checked my facts, 068_angry.gif.cc43c1d4bb0cee77bfbafb87fd434239.gif must get out the old aircraft recognition charts. i_dunno

One thing the bad weather did achieve was to push us all into a warm cosy room full aviation atmosphere :thumb_up: and good cheer :big_grin: (and tall storys) - more like a 48 hour continous (nearly) party. 018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif018_hug.gif.0182e32b48b2df8aaf412ac8488cf68a.gif

regards

:big_grin::big_grin:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey BigPete, how did LittlePete enjoy the weekend?? Had a chat to him on Saturday but didn't get a chance to talk to him again.

One thing the bad weather did achieve was to push us all into a warm cosy room full aviation atmosphere thumb_up.gif and good cheer big_grin.gif (and tall storys) - more like a 48 hour continous (nearly) party.

You're not wrong there Pete, what a great Aeroclub. We had an awesome time, even with the weather issues.

Cheers,

Kaz (the real one!)

We retired to the house to watch videos by the fire.

By the fire...!! strike, I was sweating like a pig today, (well it was probably only 24degress I suppose)

I was just working to hard that's all!!036_faint.gif.544c913aae3989c0f13fd9d3b82e4e2c.gif

Sorry Kaz - slow on answering your last. 087_sorry.gif.8f9ce404ad3aa941b2729edb25b7c714.gif

LittlePete had a great time. :thumb_up: Left straight after the Roulettes. Poor little guy was almost frozen. :yuk: (there ain't much of him) . He probably would have liked to have seen more of Pop 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif (BigPete) as well. :big_grin:

regards

:big_grin::big_grin:

I only managed to catch up with BigPete - and that was while he was having a quick break from club duties.

Kaz-n-Matt... bugger.. I missed catching up with you both. I was hoping that it was Mattmeister in the CT4.

I fillumed the whole thing for WIN News, but have just about finished cutting the vid for the Aero Club - Rod Newlyn will have the disc for folks to copy.

I was the guy in the green jacket standing under the windsock. I even got blown over TWICE. The vision is shaky, but that is because I was manhandling a 10Kg camera on sticks in a 30 knot gale...

My plan is to cut some stuff and Youtube it, but if anyone can help with more info...

• The CT4; Where is it from

• The Lockheed; Who owns it, who flew it.. where's it from.. what year was it built?

• The F model Kittyhawk (with the Merlin engine) parked on the southern end of the flight line... who owns it,? I know it was a restoration process of 19 years, and its the ONLY flying F model in the country - that is, it has the Merlin. It originally crashed in Vanuatu in 1942 and this trip to Echuca was its second flight.

• The Trojans. Who flew Judy Pay's T28 (red nose) in the show.Who flew the grey one?

• The flying Kittyhawk; More info. Was that Judy Pay's Trojan it flew with?

I got vision of Rob Hoskings warming up his Yak... but Pete George came over and had a discussion and they cancelled their part of the show. Oh how I wish the wind was not there.. as these guys have been working their engine rings off on their stuff for the show.

Speaking to Rod, he estimated 4000 people came along to brave the conditions.

All I have to say is well done Echuca Aero Club. This show was bloody well organised and apart from the wind, went without a hitch. 15/10 :thumb_up:

Ben

Guest Decca

And well done yourself too, Ben. Can't wait for the vid on Youtube. Sorry I can't give you any of the info you've asked for, just wish I'd been there too.

AND sorry I missed Mat & Kaz & all forum members I missed meeting for the first time.

Despite the good crowd, you guys have an excellent record for washed out fly-ins!

Regards, Decca. See you next time!

Yep... I think The Echuca Aero Club deserves two awards... one for HOW TO organise an airshow, and one for how to break the drought; organise a fly-in.

Off to the Boort fly-in this arvo. Stay tuned for WIN News later in the week as they are opening the new Pilot Lounge at Biggin Hill.

Ben

G'day Ben, sorry I missed saying g'day at Boort today, didn't even realise you were there until you'd gone and Kaz mentioned it.

In response to your questions from Echuca:

* CT4A is owned by Murray Wallace from Mt Macedon, it's based at Kyneton.

* Lockheed 12 is owned by Doug Hamilton and based in Albury, was built in 1937.

* P-40F is owned by Judy Pay. It's the only flying F model in the WORLD.

* I'm pretty sure that Judy flew her Trojan in the show, the other Trojan belongs to and was flown by Ian Sylvester.

* The other P-40 Kittyhawk is owned by Alan Arthur and was flown by Stephen Death, was built in 1943.

If you need any other info from the weekend, just let us know - we know all the aircraft owners and display pilots pretty well.

Cheers,

Matt.

Thanks Mat,

That makes the DVD stuff a bit more interesting and brings history to life.

Boort was great. About 50 aircraft there, and it was also the official opening of the new Pilot Lounge at Biggin Hill.

I met up with a bloke making pilot Activated lights for runways, and marking blocks of land for night flying Ag pilots.

These things are fitted up with PAL, and have high intensity LEDS that are visible from 10 Nm. Perfect for those wanting to upgrade their private grass strip, or local community strip.

The Boort strip has the same lights, and is now able to be used by the Air Ambulance at night. :thumb_up:

By the way, Matt... nice takeoff! (yep, gotcha on fillum!!)

Ben