Get Into Avalon East ?

Guest Decca

Thanks for reminding me Dave.

If anyone is flying through Ballarat to Avalon for the airshow (weather permitting), make sure to drop in to the Aero Club for a refreshing coffee before the last leg Thursday, Friday, or Saturday).

Send Decca a PM to make sure he's there for your arrival, or phone 0418 976 760.

Decca.024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi dave, read a couple of posts up and you will see i can no longer attend due to the aircraft I had booked being er..... not allowed to go into avalon with me at the helm ?

Yep will be over Shepp soon to have a coffee and a fly with ya.

Looks like Sunday or possibly Friday would be the go Captain if you're coming for a day trip.

Brent

Predictions for Thur or Fri or Sat are getting worse as they get closer, and the Area 30 ARFOR says:

SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS WITH LOW CLOUD PATCHES

MAINLY OVER NORTHERN AND WESTERN LAND, BUT AFFECTING REMAINING LAND

UNTIL 11Z. ISOLATED HAIL AND HEAVY FALLS WITH SOME THUNDERSTORMS. LOW

CLOUD AREAS SEA/COAST EXTENDING TO LAND S OF DIVIDE AFTER 10Z.

ISOLATED FOG LAND S OF DIVIDE AFTER 11Z.

Sheesh .... all good recreational flying stuff.

What's your latest best guess as a local ..... and is the cloud down on those hills around Daylesford? If so what are us flatlanders supposed to make of it all?

Regards Geoff

Hi Yall

Il be in there friday during the day(if you buy a gold pass you can get in before the public and have a wander around:thumb_up:..

I may have missed it in earlier posts, but does anyone know where the RAA tent will be(what building?)?

I cant wait!

Cheers

Simon

Guest brentc

The RA-Aus tent will likely be the furthest most point from the display buildings on the northern end of the airport.

Captain, I really don't know about this one! It was an absolutely perfect day today which is of no help whatsoever. For me these days it's take it a day a time, however lately I'd say the weather hasn't been as bad as forecast, however thunderstorms does sound pretty bad!

There are few options for getting into Melbourne when the cloud is low. I went to Lethbridge last Sunday and the cloud was at 200ft at one stage and Lethbridge is 850ft elevation. It will be of no help to you, however if I was up your way I would get some intel from my field and come in over the top, however this may require entry into CTA. Quite frustrating, I know.

Personally I'd keep away from anywhere west of Kilmore on my way down, often preferring to go around the clouds to the east. Generally the cloud runs from Healsville, to Kilmore to West of Macedeon, down to Geelong way. It's harder to pick than a broken nose!

Captain, I really don't know about this one! It was an absolutely perfect day today which is of no help whatsoever. For me these days it's take it a day a time, however lately I'd say the weather hasn't been as bad as forecast, however thunderstorms does sound pretty bad!There are few options for getting into Melbourne when the cloud is low. I went to Lethbridge last Sunday and the cloud was at 200ft at one stage and Lethbridge is 850ft elevation. It will be of no help to you, however if I was up your way I would get some intel from my field and come in over the top, however this may require entry into CTA. Quite frustrating, I know.

Personally I'd keep away from anywhere west of Kilmore on my way down, often preferring to go around the clouds to the east. Generally the cloud runs from Healsville, to Kilmore to West of Macedeon, down to Geelong way. It's harder to pick than a broken nose!

Thanks for that BC. I don't feel like playing thunderstorm roulette tomorrow arvo as I need to get back here for Friday, so will fire the trusty farm ute up at 04.30 am and head down the freeway. Best regards Geoff

If you've got time to spare, fly yourself by air, is proven true again.

What am I? 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gifChopped Liver???? :black_eye:

mumble mumble

regards

:big_grin::big_grin:

Aww now Pete......:heart::heart:018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif

Geoff gave me the exact link to the info that I was after.

I thank you for your help too. :big_grin:

-Linda

Guest brentc

The absolute worst part is when you drive there and find the weather was perfect for flying! When that happens I get crusty all day.

Just an update on the flight into Avalon.

Brian left today at 18.15 and got in at 18.30. Not another plane in sight. Nil wind and landed on the main runway...was very happy!! :thumb_up: Had all the calls from Avalon Tower right through without any problems. :)

5026 is on display at the front of the static display area next to a Tecnam...oh the shame! :yuk: keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

Hope to see fellow Rec flyers there.

-Linda

Hey well done Brian. But why aren't you there too Linda?Did he take someone else Decca.

Decca

Linda couldn't go as she was booked for a brief but starring role in the Never Ending Story.

And a supplementary question ..... why isn't it linbri air?

Regards Geoff

Guest brentc

Well Captain the weather today is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT thus far. Thunderstorms predicted for later though.

Hope the weather is ok in the morning. We have 90 pax heading from my field that I'm assisting with herding into the aircraft. Last Avalon we had 2+ hours delay as the runway was closed.

Well Captain the weather today is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT thus far. Thunderstorms predicted for later though.Hope the weather is ok in the morning. We have 90 pax heading from my field that I'm assisting with herding into the aircraft. Last Avalon we had 2+ hours delay as the runway was closed.

Brent

Drove down yesterday. Wet-as on the way down and for a while after arrival, then OK for 2nd half of the day, but wouldn't have liked to have been flying back up here last night.

I was a bit disappointed as it was just the same as last time with a bit less zip in the flying displays.

The section of the show over where the RAA tent and displays are is just "off to the side" and a bit of a dogs breakfast, as it always is.

I was really looking forward to seeing it all again but it was sort of more-of-the-same.

Will be interested to hear what others think.

Regards Geoff

I just don't believe it.....

Here I sit broken hearted 051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif :broken_heart: with a massive tooth ache, can't get into the dentist until 6.30pm 088_censored.gif.2b71e8da9d295ba8f94b998d0f2420b4.gif and I'm doped up to the gills with pain killers. 031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif

Already pulled out of the bus trip to Avalon tomorrow (rather do it now than stuff people around tomorrow) thumb_down as I recon I'll be a bit sore and sorry (tooth will be pulled or root canal performed).

Friday the 13th - just as well I'm not superstitious. :black_eye: :yuk: 031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif

Have a good time guys and girls :thumb_up: - send me some pictures of the good stuff. :thumb_up:

regards

:big_grin::big_grin:

Hey well done Brian. But why aren't you there too Linda?Did he take someone else?????????Decca.

Hey Decca! 018_hug.gif.8f44196246785568c4ba31412287795a.gif

Yes Brian did fly someone else in. I had to go and get them and bring them back to the Marsh...Taxi duties. 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif I would have loved to have gone with him, but we were unable to get back home.

Geoff. Brilin air is our business name... short for Brilin airconditioning. That is also on the side of the plane....Linbri? Yuck. :yuk: 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

-Linda