Williams fj44 price?

I was looking at a very large RC Mirage 2000, with its simple stable platform, powered by a Wren gas turbine and it started me dreaming of a home built jet. with a bubble canopy mounted farther back down the fuselage.. it would be simple to follow the basic design on solid works reducing the size till it was just big enough to fit 1 person and the fj44.

Guest Maj Millard

HUGE bucks I'm sure...you may get a good used Mirage 111o out of traderplane cheaper, and then you can spend thousands more convincing CASA to let you fly it !. I must admit though that I have also dreamed of a jet powered light plane, it would be worth it just to sniff the sweet smell of kero in the morning..... 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

The CRI CRI has a listed stall speed of 49kts that makes it a VH aircraft.

there are a few neat little aircraft like this where the stall speed keeps them out of REC aviation. like the Moni that stalls at 38. bummer

Guest Maj Millard

I think there is a jet powered Cri Cri somewhere, probabily owned by Jetman.

Just had a look at Bretts video......still 160kmhr on one engine ...whoopeee

Wouldn't that be a blast...............114_ban_me_please.gif.0d7635a5d304fa7bdaef6367a02d1a75.gif 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Ozzie, you could mount them back on the boom DC-9 style, which would give you a real clean wing all the way, may have to move the seat fwd a couple of inches, and watch they didn't melt the Tedlar on the tail. (that's Lazairspeak, nobody will understand) 024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif