February 17, 2009: CASA sponsored Level 1 line maintenance workshops

Admin

February 17, 2009: CASA sponsored Level 1 line maintenance workshops for students, pilots & aircraft owners who are new to aircraft maintenance.

The workshops cover basic maintenance — e.g. checking fluid levels, changing spark plugs — and what to look for in the pre-flight check. Listed below are the locations and dates of 14 workshops; it is hoped another six can be arranged. A pdf document providing venue and contact details is available for all locations except Emkaytee.

INITIAL WORKSHOP SCHEDULE

New South Wales

Cessnock, February 28

Lismore, March 21

Temora, March 28

South Australia

Aldinga, March 21

Northern Territory

Emkaytee, March 28 (tentative date)

Queensland

Heck Field, February 21 (combined with CASA AvSafety and Airservices Australia presentation)

Boonah, February 28

Gympie, March 21

Woodstock, May 2

Victoria

Bendigo, February 28

Latrobe Valley, April 25

Tyabb, March 28

Penfield, May 2

Tasmania

George Town, February 28

• 2 months later...

WA workshop

Hi,

There was one in WA on the 24 and 25 of January and 82 people attended. It was held at Coogley Farm for the two days. Are you sure RA-Aus has your current

email address?

Cazza, workshop organiser

G'day Cazza,

Yeh I realised after I posted about the one at Coogley Farm. I was going to that event, even rang Ben Sharpe then completely forgot about it.... Yeh I know; pretty stupid huh? I was on crutches at the time but still would have liked to attend. I've since spoken with Steve Vette at Northam (doing a conversion to the Thruster in preparation for a purchase later in the year) so I'll get a lot of information from him.

Thanks for the reply,

Pud