MEEP MEEP "mind if i cut in"

Guest ozzie

Guest Maj Millard

The jet jockys' a Mirage pilot, he's just shxx scared !!...................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Orrrr....lets race !!!

Guest Maj Millard

Yes and still in production in some form.....................was very lucky to manage two rides in the dual Mirage A3-112 when I was in 77sqn during my Air Force days. Nothing like sitting (attached to) a bang seat, coming over the fence at 200 kts !!.........024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest Orion

Dont forget those wonderful Dasualt ( bet i spelt it wrong) screwdrivers.

THink i still have one in a toolbox somewhere.

Speak to the site user Ultralights about the Cri Cri as he was going to build 2 of them and I think still has the plans - I have just added some videos of the Cri Cri into the Video Library here

Guest Maj Millard

'Dassault' was a commercialization of the guys' suedo last name which was D'assult. It was given to him from his exploits in WW2. Later he was accredited with pioneering the countersunk flush rivit which was once called the 'Dassault' rivit.

During the Viet Nam war period american F-4 Phantom and F-105 pilots would 'spell' for a couple of weeks at Williamtown, before going back Stateside for leave. Most had achieved 100 missions, 200 missions or whatever over Viet nam, which is why they were going home for a spell. Some had been shot down by SAMS and had ejected, often more than once. Thier gear, G suits, helmets etc. were very worn, but you couldn't get it off them to do any repairs, and you got the impression they had been through a bit with it, and were fairly 'attached.'

Most were big men more suited to filling the cockpit of a Phantom. They had flat top crew cuts that you could land a trike on. Some of them flew the Mirages, and the rest just hung around, and liked to talk. Just as you really got to know them, off they went as they were only there for a couple of weeks or less, and obviosly wanted to get back home also. Some who really wanted to fly the Mirage couldn't, because they were simply too big for the cockpit. The Mirage cockpit was fairly tight, and even a couple of Aussie pilots got bounced back to Canberra's because they got too pudgy.......................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif