Avalon Airshow

Well I just got back from spending 3 days there. Who else went? I had a great time, unfortunately the weather was a bit of a downer. I also tried to find the Rec Flying tent, but couldnt? Did you end up going and setting that up?

Photos will be up soon, but they will be hosted on photobucket or something, cause there is alot of them =)

Cheers,

Nathan

Hi Nathan..

Yep i went on friday and found the RA tent..It was towards the Northern end of the runway, near some of the rare planes on display, kind of away form the main displays...A bit hard to explain, but i did find it..

I took my grandpa, and we both had a ball.He's 82 and used to fly about 60 years ago with his mates.., so im sure some of the jets there would have been slightly bigger, faster and noisier than what he used to plod around in, but twas good fun..

I was knackered from all the walking.Cant imagine how he did it.

Cheers

Photos of the Avalon Airshow

Hi Nathan

My name is John I was at the airshow with my plane it is a yellow skyfox Gazelle and on saturday at 6.30 a micro burst came through and it was turned over, i am looking for anyone who was there that would have taken some photos of it when it was upside down, would you have any. and if you do can I get a copy as I don't have any many thanks John.

Guest Cloudsuck
Hi Nathan My name is John I was at the airshow with my plane it is a yellow skyfox Gazelle and on saturday at 6.30 a micro burst came through and it was turned over, i am looking for anyone who was there that would have taken some photos of it when it was upside down, would you have any. and if you do can I get a copy as I don't have any many thanks John.

G'day John, sorry about your plane. There is a photo of it on the Flying Tigers blog. It is at The Flying Tigers Recreational Aviation Club

Regards.

Haha, thats not Nathan that replied, I am :P Unfortunately I was long gone by 6.30, but I was told about the microburst on sunday. Sorry for your loss. I do remember seeing a Yellow Gazelle there, if it was yours then it looked like a very nice aeroplane.

-Nathan

Gooday John,

I've just got home from a flying trip after Avalon. I fly the BushCaddy that was tied down one metre from your starboard wingtip, and I still can't fathom why my huge wing didn't also take off, and also how your Gazelle managed to finish where it did without hitting my wing. A VERY thorough inspection on Sunday couldn't provide any evidence as to why I shouldn't fly it home, so I did. All is well. I was there minutes after the event, and have photos from several different sources, including before and after shots, and of your aircraft the following day after it had been moved from the display line. I'll put together a compilation from all sources and send you a CD. PM me with your postal address, as e-mail would take too long (no high speed broadband here in the sticks!)

From what I saw, the Gazelle had remarkably little damage, although I would certainly be looking for a better way to hinge the flaperons - the current setup looked way inadequate for my liking. I hope you are soon flying again, John

Best wishes

Photo

Hi John,

Sorry to see your plane damaged in the storm. Fortunately my aircraft did not receive any damage.

I hope you will have your plane up and flying soon.

I did manage to get a photo of your aircraft on my phone, so I will try and attach it.

Needs to be rotated, but couldn't get it to happen.

attachment.php?attachmentid=8377&stc=1&d=1237758227

Harthy