Moving headset plug in points

My headset plug in points are presently located at the bottom of the instrument panel in a central position. The cables are in the way and it looks untidy. My question is I would like to extend the cables and move the plug in points to a central position just behind the seats, this will mean extending the cables by aproximatly two meters. However I have been told that extending the cables can cause interference problems is this true? Also if this is possible with no problems what is the best way of joining the new piece of extension cable to minimize problems?

Any help as always much apreciated.

Cheers,

Nigel.

Guest ozzie

If you use good quality shielded cable and run it were there are no other electrical wires there should not be any problem. If you have to run radio and electrical wireing side by side then wrap both bundles seperately with metal fly screen mesh this will stop rvi transmitting from the electrical bundle and stop the radio bundle acting like an recieving antenna. have a look at some of these upmarket car audio installations. they really go to extremes to avoid interferrance coming thru the system from the cars electronics.

ozzie

Don't do it

If you plug your headset into a position behind your seat, it could be out of reach during flight. When you are having communication problems, you cannot check the headset is properly plugged in, and you cannot try the other headset to see if the fault is in the headset.

Jack. 092_idea.gif.47940f0a63d4c3c507771e6510e944e5.gif 092_idea.gif.5aecf2098b24482891c0ced75da80e68.gif