Sincere thank you to Ian and his family

markendee

Ian and family,

A sincere thank you to you all. Not just for the forums (although I do thank you for them) but for the wonderful offer of assistance on Saturday night.

To put people in the picture, two good friends flew up from Tongala (near Echuca) early Saturday morning for the day (so they thought)

They flew out in difficult conditions on Saturday afternoon only to use good common sense and return half an hour later.

Spent the next hour and a half on the phone/s trying to find accommodation - no luck.

I thought it would be worth an ask of the retailers there whether they sold camping gear (tent sleeping bags etc) as this would have been a solution to the problem.

Went to Ian and his family at the Rec Flying tent first and was absolutely overwhelmed at their hospitality and generosity.

Ian offered the Rec Flying tent to them without a moments hesitation. He and his whole family then went to work organising bedding, mattresses etc. I rang my friends (who were in the gliding club still ringing around) to give them the great news to find they had just reserved a room in Dubbo so could not take up the most kind offer.

Teraya (spelling?) ex CASA and now CFI of her flying school waited around for an hour so the boys could travel with her to Dubbo - nice one Teraya!

When a friend is in strife and stranded it is nice to know there is still great people out there willing to put themselves out and help.

Thanks Ian and family - I just hope all the people here realise what good people you truly are.

Mark Dunwoodie

Teraya is still with CASA and runs the flying school at Goulburn in her spare time. Very much in demand and a great lady as well.

Cheers

Maynard

And Ian lent us a hammer to bang our tent pegs into the concrete ground 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif Geez that dirt was hard when you came off the mattress at night 031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif Thanks Ian for helping us out. :thumb_up:

Brian