Just landed "from Belize"

MikeF Bze

Hi all,

I have just joined this forum. I fly a powered parachute in Belize, that's in Central America, at the Yucatan Peninsula, right below Mexico on the Caribbean Coast. Quite a way from Australia.

I got my PPC almost 2 years ago, and have enjoyed it since. I have logged about 150 hours to date. Mostly I fly in the early morning hours, where the wind is calm. Most days after 7.00/8.00 o'clock it gets bumpy and at times quite windy as the temperature goes up. The area I take of from is the lawn right behind my house, so that can't be much better.

I'm a farmer, and uses the PPC quite a lot to inspect the fields, mostly bananas, but also rice and oranges. It is realy usefull for me to be able to fly over the fields, you see so much more and in a much wider perspective, than if you walk inside the plantations, where you hardly can see more than 75-100 ft ahead.

1291072515_BananasandMountains.JPG.7c7c7193fe3f67450e4959471d2d65f2.JPG

can you fly to Honduras El Salvador?

Mike

Those countries are beautiful, I have been to Honduras & El Salvador, not too far from you.

The distances between are not far in comparison to Australia.

As a PPL can you freely fly between these countries and Belize?

What is the political situation considering the drug running etc going on?

[ no I am not looking to fly drugs around there!]

Hello MikeF and 098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif to the forum,

It looks like you have a beautifull place to fly from, I have my own property to fly from also,it is situated at a little place called,Deeral which is 45 kilometers south of Cairns,Queensland,Australia.

One photo is of the property,looking out to the ocean and the other is looking north towards Cairns.

Cheers,

Frank.

36071975_LookingSE.(Small).JPG.82bcf9fda9707b8f0651781742f68d97.JPG

1594032010_LookingNW.(Small).JPG.c9a687f975ec4d287fb80545acfe96ed.JPG