Eurofox K2 Taildrager

maddog

• 2 months later...

EUROFOX Glider Tug at SportAviation Tocumwal

You can see the EuroFOX towing a Blanik L-13 2 up.

We have been using it as a towplane for the last 6 months and the results have been impressive I use Shell V power 98 RON. Rotax 912 ULS Kasper inflight adjustable prop, It cruises at 95kn as I have large wheels fitted for rough terrain opps

• 3 months later...

Hi maddog, i like the eurofox, especialy the folding wing design (like skyfox). As hangar space is non exsistant on the gold coast. I was wondering your thoughts as i have read above, and i know you like it. A couple of questions if i may. 1-what is the width of the a/c went the wings are folded, Ie- will it be less than 2.5mtrs,so it can fitted into a enclosed trailer and be legal for towing? I cant locate the maintence manual on the net, is their in your opinion, any major airframe servicings. The only a/d i have found is the cable stopper on the nose wheel a/c, is their any for the tail wheel a/c. ps- i havent sent this via a PM because other people might be interested as well. Anybody please share you experiences? Thankyou

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi Dassa,

The EuroFox Taildragger has a fiberglass roving tail spring almost impossible to break. I have fitted larger Main wheels to facilitate opps off a very hard dry and rough runway!

The airframe is the refinement of the Kitfox and Skyfox taken to a higher level, just recently folded the wings for experience it was a breeze about 15 minutes taking care. Take a look at the American website for the wing folding details Aerotrek A220 - A240 folding wings

I am 150% happy with the package, and all experienced pilots who fly it make the same comment "What a delightful aircraft" It has wonderful stoll performance and a excellent cruise well balanced, great visibility, and on the airframe maintainance side easy to work and inspect on. I have had no problems with the airframe. A Sprag clutch replaced in engine (But that is a Rotax issue)

regards Eddie

The other thing I found was Horsham Aviation the agents, have bent over backwards helping me set the aircraft up for towing operations, I also have the 100 hrly done there and nothing is a problem to them

Eddie