Pilots without transponders....... scary stuff

Guest Brett Campany

I read somewhere ?? a good guide to inbound calls was a period of time ie 8 minutes

This makes up for the obvious differences in arrival time for a C130:thumb_up: and an almost as fast J200!

JR

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well ages ago i started flying a thruster T500 back then no radio no transponder no gps were required however most place requested you had a UHF radio which i might add prob about 80% of lightweight a/c had fitted now if its a VHF plus UHF plus Transponder plus ELT bugger me dead Ill have to change my C of G, let alone where Im going to install all this if required

the best thing over the years I found to be the best add on is a landing light

in a head on approach this can be seen well ahead (yes in daylight)and in circuits you cant be missed when on final

I have found this item to be the best item i have every added to my a/c I have had people say to me, mate we can see you coming for miles :) point taken

for $50 bucks its worth it, I have landing lights fitted to all my aircraft and are added to the check list

Transponders if you live in city areas like melb/bne/perth/syd etc where its flat out busy with a/c running around yes I would have a transponder

however dont forget the guys/girls that live in the out outback like QLD and NT on a property of 300.000acres plus and all they do is fly around all day checking fences and bores etc Transponders are great to have but are not realy a neaded item out there wouldn`t you think so? yes ==== No