Other engines

dreemhi

Hi All,

I am just about at the stage of having to make the final decision on what engine to put into my supercat. The obviose choice and the one that I am leaning towards is the Rotax 503 but before I make the final commitment, is there any other serious option?

David

Guest Maj Millard

The 503 has always been a good reliable engine, the latest dual CDI ign is even better and smoother...........................................................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

In a Supercat you will not need any more power than the 503, so that is probably the way to go. A friend of mine had a 447 in one and he was a big bloke, but it still went well. Sadly it is no more, he put it down in a paddock with some big rocks, demolished the plane, but he walked away unharmed. We put the accident down to carby ice, but there was nothing to be found wrong with the engine when it was removed.

Thanks guys, I had pretty much looked at every other engine I could, on the net but when you way it up to get the right weight and power and the reputation and back up, I couldn't find an option. David