Woo hoo!

Hi yall..

i just had to share my excitement at my new job at this place Flight Experience - Flight Simulators - Take the ride of your life on our Flight Simulator

Basically i will go to work and take people for a "flight" on a Boeing 737 NG simulator which is a CASA approved fully functional Sim.

I took my grandpa to this place for his birthday a while ago(probably mentioned in some of my early posts), and its what got me into flying again and ultimately led me to pursuing "the dream":big_grin:(or financial nightmare-whatever you want to call it!051_crying.gif.fe5d15edcc60afab3cc76b2638e7acf3.gif)..

The only thing is that now i have to learn most of the systems of the 737 and actually be able to fly the big bugger(by hand and computer)..there's a fair bit of training provided, but ive been hard at it on my own Sim at home, so hopefully il get up to speed.

Until i have my Ra Aus instructor rating and/or commercial licence its gotta be the next best thing to flying for a job:thumb_up:..

If anyone is interested in having a crack(Im based at the Melbourne shop), let me know, and il try and work it out so that im the one on the shift to take you up.Im not sure if there'll be a mates rates thing, but if there is il be happy to pass it on to Rec flying members, otherwise it'd be good to meet some of you anyway....

Wait a month or so til ive got the training out of the way and have my eye in for the whole job.

Cheers

Simon

A job that's a joy for the boys....! Ah well anyone really who likes aeroplanes I'spose...:thumb_up:

Don't have to much fun....!

Ps. If you could, you should get some pictures of it, I would love to see what it's like!

Guest Pioneer200

I have done 2.5 hours in the Christchurch one, awesome!!!

Set up the approach to Kai Tak (checkerboard approach) at night, its great

How did you score this job?

PS Anyone that wonders what its like, I was approaching Queenstown NZ and my instructor failed an engine @ 800ft agl, I got the sweats real bad, it is so realistic, oh and I landed on the centreline and only used half the runway to stop!!:big_grin::big_grin:

• 4 weeks later...

I think mostly i scored the job due to my sharp wit and good looks....Cause i sure as hell feel overloaded in the cockpit!

In all seriousness though.I just put in an application, got an interview and got lucky..

p.s

I also may or may not have put in about 30 hours of my own time learning the various systems of the 737-800 NG, and worked like hell on the Flight management computer (FMC) on my sim at home (xplane), and downloaded checklists, Learned how to read departure and approach plates usually reserved for IFR pilots, and fly them correctly along with various "line" flights i.e MEL-SYD,MEL-BRIS etc.I asked endless questions on blogs and forums, and basically obsessed about the whole thing until i had the most basic of ideas of how to start and shutdown the plane which is a journey in itself, then i basically hoped that i wouldnt crash or do too much stupid stuffing up during the 16 hours of on the job training where i had to "fly" from the first officers seat just like an instructor would, and i could have been dropped out after 4-8-12 and 16 hours..I finally got through and i still feel like it will take me many months to really know my way around the thing..

So not too much too it really:puzzled: