Hey all from Perth

How is everyone doing that there in aviation land???? well I hope

I just found this site today and I am glad of that. I have been learning to fly for about 8 months now and have slowly built up 20.2 hours of flying with 3 of them solo.

well thats all for the moment but glad to be here.

Welcome.

perthjay85 welcome to the forums. What do you think of the Boomerang? A lot of effort has gone into it and it should be a great trainer, built for the job. Nev

hey there nev and thanks for the welcome. :thumb_up:

To be totally honest I have only flown to other planes and only for 1.2 hours each one was a piper PA 38 tomahawk and a piper PA28 Warrior so I dont have a great deal of knowledge for comparison.

But overall and without much knowledge I must say it is a fantastic little plane and you can tell alot of thought and hardwork have gone into it. Its very strong and robust and handles crosswinds of up to 25 knots fairly easily. I love the damn thing if I could buy a 6 seater identical to it I would.

Jay

Thanks.

for your response. Your flying school has obviously given it a lot of thought. I am not connected to the plane in any way. I just have a lot of time for Bill Whitney's work. Nev..

yeah the lady who runs the flying school was i think the first person to recieve the boomerang and did a write up for flying australia. She loves it also and thinks it is one of the best trainers she has ever used.

and if this is a sign of his work I will follow a little more closely from now on :thumb_up:

Those Boomerang acft are very well built, I had the privilege of checking the whole manufacturing process out in Kingaroy, Tuff little machine!:thumb_up:

They've had a lot of headaches over it though, certifications etc...

Guest Brett Campany

G'day Jay, good to see another West Aussie!

Where abouts are you flying out of at the moment?

@Tomo: is that right? I would a thought they way it was designed and built it would have been an easy pass for them. But i have very little experience.Im hoping one day to take a trip to the manufacturing plant to have a look around.

@Brett Campany: G'day fellow west aussie this forum looks awesome.

im flying at Jandakot with minovation hows about yourself where do you fly from?

Guest Brett Campany
@Tomo: is that right? I would a thought they way it was designed and built it would have been an easy pass for them. But i have very little experience.Im hoping one day to take a trip to the manufacturing plant to have a look around.@Brett Campany: G'day fellow west aussie this forum looks awesome.

im flying at Jandakot with minovation hows about yourself where do you fly from?

Nice, I've got a mate flying with Min who's on here as well. I did my training with Bunbury Flying School and now doing my Navs with an instructor at Serpentine.

Good bunch of people down that way.

Guest Brett Campany

Try and get down on a weekend and meet some of the characters there, it's a great aviation community and they've got a great set up.

yeah I will definitely try that I like Jandakot but because its always so busy there is to much of a proffessional attitude in my books and on the ground there isnt much banter or chatting going on lol. But thats just one persons opinion

Guest Brett Campany

I suppose it's what you get used to. When I fly at Bunbury and Serpentine, I just like the fact that 90% of the time, there's no waiting to get onto the runway so most of my money is spent flying the aircraft and not waiting on the taxi-way. I have come across a few blokes who don't use their radio's as much as they should but being that RAAus is getting much bigger, I believe it's up to us to educate those coming into the sport and to also reiterate the use of radios to those who are already experienced pilots.

One of the biggest issues we have is pilots flying out of Murray Field and their lack of radio use when flying near Serpentine. All of those guys and girls are GA pilots and for some reason radio calls go out the window when they enter the Serpentine CTAF.

yeah i know what your saying but even on the tarmac there isnt much talking between pilots of different aircrafts.

I have had a few lessons where the wait was 5-10 minutes at the holding point but like you said its what you get used to. And having done over 20 hours with min I will be sticking with it with minovation until completion :)

Guest mike_perth

Well welcome Jay - I am the Mike that flys with Minovation - though not in the Boomerang. Only the Traumahawk and the Warrior - Im about to do my first Nav in 2 weeks when my instructor returns from holidays (Jim)

Well Im doewn there usually once a week for a lesson usually in the afternoons - Ill keep my eye out for you.

Mike

Well welcome Jay - I am the Mike that flys with Minovation - though not in the Boomerang. Only the Traumahawk and the Warrior - Im about to do my first Nav in 2 weeks when my instructor returns from holidays (Jim)Well Im doewn there usually once a week for a lesson usually in the afternoons - Ill keep my eye out for you.

Mike

G'day Mike

it certainly is a small world lol. I have only been up in the tomahawk twice and the warrior once. Im only ever there on sundays as its the only day i can get off work. But will keep an eye out for ya.

how many hours have you done so far? and i bet you cant wait for your navs to start. i think im going to be starting mine around october or sometime around then.

:thumb_up:

Guest mike_perth

No worries mate I rarely fly on weekends as I have a fairly flexoble job so work around my flying really!

I am hanging out for my navs cant wait finally get a chance to get out of the training area and off to where I want to fly!!

I love the tomahawk I thinkm FIG is a beast I solo'd in her so she has a place in my heart!

Do you like the boomerang I hear many mixed reports?

Mike

ah ok I wish i had that luxury but running a shop doesnt allow that lol.

yeah i cant wait to start navs for the same reason just to get out and about and start seeing some sites.

yeah i solo'd in KMB and like you it will always hold a special spot in my heart.

I love the boomerang but like i said earlier i really dont have much experience in other planes but even so i still love it