Maintenance costs

Guest basscheffers
I dont dig into the horse costs My dear and very understanding wife does not dig into the aifcraft costs.

Haha, that is exactly my situation. In fact, one of the reasons my wife loves me owning and flying must be that then I can't tell her off for spending so much on the horses!

(She also loves to come up with me)

Yep, if you need to justify owning something...then perhaps you shouldn't buy it. My other half is also very understanding (except when she wants to stress the obvious and who ever wins that one..) Planes like boats are an emotional journey we need to take, at least the plane gets more use than the sometimes floating hardly ever fish catching other joy in the shed, I've worked out so far that each fish I've caught has cost about $5,000.:devil:

I recently sailed with a bloke who was thinking of buying a 54' ketch rigged ferro cement yacht. It was to put it mildly "ponderous" in the light winds of the day, but he went ahead and bought it. I am told he has spent quite a bit of time working on it, but hasn't sailed it again. For a man with a normal job I think a plane is far and away the best toy. It takes so much time to go cruising that it is a retirement perk.