Dum Dee Dum - I'm bored

Guest Qwerty

Guest Qwerty

It may have escaped everyone else's notice but since Ian has been elected to the RAAus board for Vic, we (both vic and Tas) have had the crappiest weather. I think that this is a terrible state of affairs and I call for Ian's immediate resignation and the reinstatement of dorught weather conditions forthwith.:dog:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Qwerty

Nothing much stops Eugene. I saw him with a student the other day in 30 - 40 Kn doing "circuits" in his Thruster. For the first 25 min they maintained their TO heading (310) and landed several times on the same run way. VTOL Thruster!!!! Poor little thing screaming its head off and going nowhere.

Hang on, did you bring it to Ians attention first!? Ya gotta give him a fair go and give him a day or two to get the weather fixed!

Er. I better get my order in. I would like fine weather on Sunday or at least with clouds no lower than 4,000 please. :-)

Guest Maj Millard

Querty, we are expecting above average temps up here in the next few days in true Queensland style. Hell, we even let you North over the border once didn't we ??....nobody to blame but yourself for heading back South.................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest Brett Campany

Well there's no change over here in the West. I feel like a bloody drowned rat! Had more rain than you could poke a stick at. Although I might be flying on Thursday cause apparently the sun is going to poke its head out for a little while.

Guest Qwerty

Its still persissting down here. There is no reason in the world why I shouldn't move to central NSW. QLD gets a bit warm for me in summer. I've lived in several places in QLD.

Any suggestions.........and NO, I'm not particularly interested in Walgett.

:stirring pot:

I'll be happy to swap a couple of days bad weather for the GPS that packed it in this morning 200nm east of Broome.. GRRR Avmaps and avmap mounts. lol

I'll take the rain! Looks like hard work, after a quick Google earth look.

I'll take the rain! Looks like hard work, after a quick Google earth look.

Navigation was easy... It's that hidden Raa endorsement in part 103 for IFR. lol

When there is only one road to follow it's never hard. Had a choice to make about 10 miles from Broome. South or a bit futher east. :black_eye:

Qwerty. Central NSW may be cooler than parts of Qld, but from my experience it gets a damn site colder in winter. I spent a winter in Broken Hill and another in Cobar and much prefer the central Qld coast area. 38 just about pulls it up in Summer and highs of down to 12 in Winter. Get the occasional frost, but flting on just about any day except for those rare occasions when a cyclone comes down the coast.

Guest Qwerty

Thanks for the tip. Coast sounds great but for one or two things. Everyone seems to like the coast so there are lots of people and the cost of everything is high. There are the beaches which woulld be excellent if there wasn't any sand or salt water. On the other hand, inland there are less people, more room, no sand, no salt spray and since I am from TAS, the cold dosen't bother me particularly.

FYI, it is still bucketting down here. Flood warnings and Gale Force wind warnings. Judging from the chart this crap is just going to keep comming. I am starting to suffer Aviation Withdrawal symptoms. I've got two perfectly aeroplanes and I am stuck on the ground.

I suppose I could liven things up a bit round here if I could remember where I put my AK47 and my rocket launchers. splat.gif.4fe5615d47cdda8649f5910181ed23f2.gif

Guest Qwerty

RC Helicopter would be good but you can only get them in Mode 1. I simply will not learn Mode 1. I want a proper stick (cyclic) and a rudder/throttle. Not some mixed pile of crap that makes RC flying easy for non pilots.

Don't take any fences, i'm just kranky because I'm stuck being a pedestrian.

Guest Qwerty

You are a funny man Turbo, I said I was %&^* bored not %&^* stupid.

Major breaking news from Tassie. I hasn't rained here for a least 10 min.

:rotary::kboom: