Tumut's fly in.

flying dog

Well folks,

The weather was bad.

Saturday was windy - getting there. Rain, yuck.

I drove. Better to be down here wishing you were up there, than up there wishing you were down here.

Although Saturday night was windy as and Sunday morning a bit "iffy" it was ok.

About 3 or 4 planes flew in.

The afternoon's trip home was also a bit windy.

But it was fun.

002_wave.gif.62d5c7a07e46b2ae47f4cd2e61a0c301.gif

Hi FD,

I was planning to attend too, but with the weather the way it was I didn't think very many people would be able to make it so made better use of the time working on my trike restoration project.

I still need to get over to Tumut to collect my new Bolly Prop, probably at the end of next week.

Cheers,

Glen

Hey Doggie,

A few of us were going to flit over from Wagga, but the weather was terrible on Saturday.

This is the 2nd year, from memory, that the Tumut weekend has copped it. What a shame.

Regards Geoff

I attempted to fly in on saturday, got as far as the Henty Highway, nearly turned off to wagga, but opted to turn back to tocumwal instead. Approaching Tocumwal I noticed several storm cells and a few lightning strikes :yuk:.

Lucky for me I made the correct decision at the time.

Came home to LTV on Sunday, and got in just before the change. Had a 25kt tailwind in from Lilydale, and a not too pleasant landing here at LTV.

Maybe I will have better luck next time

Kev

Crikey, Kev. You did great getting that far. I didn't think you would get through Kilmore on Friday ........... and to get over the Henty on Saturday was a feat in itself. You are gamer than this little black duck.