Moruya Aero Club

octave

It seems that Moruya Aero Club is in a very difficult situation as Eurobodalla Council wants to increase the clubs lease payments by 900%. I am not sure if anyone on this forum has any experience with fighting the council but any ideas would be appreciated.

:black_eye:

Destiny I think you are right, last night I emailed all of the councilers and recevied 2 replies. I presented it as a rumor and asked if they could clarify, both said they would look into, so I think you are correct that it is most likely the council staff rather than the counciler's themselves.

Anyway I will keep the forum informed of developments.

Cheers

All good advice, it pays to try to see it from their point of view, I can see that the council has this prime real estate which would be worth a fortune is sold off, we have to convince them of the benefits of a thriving aviation sector can bring to the region.

Also I think it is important to be very polite and not to push them into "defensive mode".

thanks for the well thought out input

cheers

Graham

Also ask them that if they do put the rent up by any amount will the money be returned back into the airport and if the club will benifit by any improvements and services. be a bummer if the rent increase only goes into imprvments for RPT facilities or such.

• 2 weeks later...

*MAYBE* what you also need - going along Destiny's theme - is have "fun days" at the club.

Invite the people there and have a BBQ, joy flights etc.

Make it a nice ENJOYABLE day. Show them the benefits of having the club there.

This may help convince them of the benefits in keeping it rather than pricing it out.