2010 David Hack Classic Meet Toowoomba

Scottw

G'day All

The annual David Hack Clasic Vehicle and Aircraft meet is on next year being held at the Toowoomba airfield, May 2nd, and have started to get the organising well underway assisting the Rotary Club North Toowoomba in coordinating the fly-in. I have themed the fly-in "Classic Flight Training Experiance" incorporating my pet event "Gathering of the Harvards and Wirraways" with invites and event awareness letters being sent out.

the 09 event had the theme the Vietnam Memorial Fly-in incorporating the Gathering of the Trojans and this event was one of the biggest we had staged to date with not only aircraft but we had over 500 classic and exotic vehicles and ex-military vehicles on display as well.

Scott

• 6 months later...

G'day Spin

All is going along well..........well I think it is anyway

Have a number of aircraft confirm their attendance so far.

for the gathering of Harvards and Wirraways have got 2 Wirraways and 7 Harvards

And can confirm that Wirraway BFF from Temora has been confirmed to attend which is great news.

Other aircraft types penciled in for the event under the flight training theme include but not limited to, 5 North American T-28 Trojans, with the possibility of another T-28B passing through on the Sunday

CAC Winjeels, Fiat G-594B dual control, Stearmans, Ct-4A/E's, Ryan ST-A, Chipmunks, Tiger Moths, Austers, C140's, C180's, C170's, C172B's, C150's, Yak 52's, Nanchangs, Yak18T, luscombe and inclusive to this list are the new generation LSA & GA flight training types and all the variey of types arriving and filling the static parking area which I just cannot wait to see the line up on those. So heres for good weather.

As time permits I will try and catch up with you good folk who are intending on flying in and I wish to thank you for your support for this event..

reards

Scott

G'day Spin

Looks like we maybe in luck with the weather.

The weekly outlook (on ABC TV anyway) is looking good.

Looks as though a High is going to dominate as the week progresses and theyare talking partly cloudy and sunshine for next weekend. Now the only factor left in this is hopefully the wind is not bad and favours 11 or 29 as 06/24 will be closed Saturday afternoon, refer to ERSA.

Scott

Good to see "Potter's" Decathlon there, or (Tony's)

Great pic's Spin! And yeah 'Bonnie' has been rotting away there for as long as I can remember... shame really.

G'day all and really good to hear the positive comments about the event

One of the things we are going to work seriously on is public access to the aircraft. i know it wasn't easy and we had guidelines we had to work with. However we had the council reps from the monster devision in attendance and they were the first to aknowledge that it was hard to get people closer so expect changes to the format for next. Yes thats right, I have the green light to start organising next year so watch this space for the dates and the new theme.

And really wish to pass on a sincere note of gratitude to those who came along to support the event whether they drove or flew in. Without that support it would not have been the success it was.

Regards

Scott

Congratulations Scott, another great event.

I wasn't able to fly in this year so I and a few mates drove in.

Looking forward to next year already.

Cheers.

Sean.

Great pic Tomo. Especially with the Air Tractor in the background

Indeed! But can't take the credit - Spin took the photo, I just embed it from his other website, for you!

Nice pics Spin. That It's actually a Decathlon painted up as a Stinson. I remember Coolangatta tower asking me to confirm my type once as they were arguing in the tower

Good to see "Potter's" Decathlon there, or (Tony's)Great pic's Spin!

Thanks Tomo, I suppose the serial number on the tail should have been a giveaway:laugh:, she certainly looks the goods in the warbird colours, makes a nice change from the usual sunburst stripes in yellow or red - very nice Potter. I see I wasn't totally off base though, apparently the Decathlon traces its ancestry from the Aeronca, via the Citabria.

Awesome shots as always Scott. I was hoping you'd have a shot of Matt and Simone's beautiful "new" CT4...Matt sent me a few of their "handover" at Tamworth and of the flight up to Toowoomba with Lars & Andy in the Wirraway.

Hi Potter, dunno why but your post didn't show up when I looked at the thread over the weekend. Pleased I'm not the only one to get confused - really nice.

Scott, well up to your usual standard, thanks enjoyed those.

Now for Watts Bridge, although I am tempted to take a run to Emu Creek this coming weekend too - would love to see the Spitfire and FW190 replica doing their thing.

Guest Escadrille

Hey Spin,

I don't know if this is what you intended but,apparently you cannot fly in to the EMU Gull bash due to the Runway being used for other activities from time to time, like Tanks and Cavalry charges...However if you fly a vintage/war bird type aircraft you may get permission to go in early..though..But give Barry Rogers a ring - 04288662528