Drifter flying over the Darling Downs

Tomo

Ok, first time I've ever loaded a video to Utube, and I did it just for you to have a look!

So here is a little bit of flying, the quality isn't that great because it was recorded on a camera designed to take pictures, not video!keen.gif.9802fd8e381488e125cd8e26767cabb8.gif

Anyway see what you reckon!:thumb_up:

Good one Tomo, I haven't quite worked out why, but there is something about Drifter flying that is very addictive.

I should fill up the schools Drifter and come over to check it all out in person.......sounds like a one day plan..!

Keep the good work :big_grin:

JimG

Nice work Thomo. That camera seems to work pretty well. Love the editing also. :thumb_up:

Thanks Relfy! It's amazing what a bit of editing can do.... good fun!:thumb_up:

I should fill up the schools Drifter and come over to check it all out in person.......sounds like a one day plan..!

Yeah should do Jim! will have to plan a day sometime!

Due to the black soil strip, it can't be just after any rain though!:big_grin: otherwise you might end up staying longer than anticipated!!025_blush.gif.9304aaf8465a2b6ab5171f41c5565775.gif

Guest Maj Millard

Tomo You had better try one of the 582 Drifters if you get a chance. The 503 ones are lighter and nice to fly, but the big ones have more grunt, and get along a bit faster.

Yeah... I should, though another fella has one in Dalby, a (582) but the (503) seems to go just a tad quicker for some reason, I can cruise at about 60kts in the 503 at about 5800revs, and flat out at 65-70 at 6300rpm.... Straight and level! Not sure what the statistics are for the 582, but I'll have to take it for a burn one day and check it out.

Guest Maj Millard

The 503 small pods do very well in all areas, even two up as they are much lighter overall. The 582 big pod has 65hp vs 52hp and is also a heavier aircraft, with a more solid feel. For long cross-countrys, they are the way to go. Just different experiences with each, that may teach you different things. The ideal of course is a Wayne Fisher Mk 1 with the long pod and short assymetrical wing, and possible an 80hp 912...but now we're really being idealistic.................................................................016_ecstatic.gif.156a811a440b493b0c2bea54e43be5cc.gif hurry_up.gif.177b070ad0fed9378055f023fbf484f7.gif

Tomo see if you can get your hands on a September copy of EAA's Sport Pilot and Light-Sport Aircraft magazine great story on a E-LSA Maxair Drifter and female pilot flying a 7,100mile trip to Sun and Fun