Electric aircraft dolly

Guest Qwerty

Does anyone know where I can get an electric dolly to move my aircraft. My hangar mate has a crook back and is having difficulty shifting my aircraft out of the way to get his out. What I want would be 12 battery powered with two wheels and a long handle. The idea is to put the tail wheel on the dolly and use an electric motor to shift the aircraft out of the hangar. Any ideas?

Guest drizzt1978

Just leave his outside.....

No just kidding there is somethong i saw in a magazine but i think it was for nose wheel moving........Ill dig into my magazines.....

Michael

Well these aren't electric, but you could get a manual one and attach an electric motor.

Tail dragger trolleys

Not sure if there is any one in Aus that sells them, but you could very easily make one yourself, or you could just ask around and I'm sure someone will make one for a price... ?

Aircraft electric Tug.

You might be able to use one of those golf buggy battery powered things to drag the plane by the tailwheel. Lifting the tail to place the tailwheel on the device will do his back in, so just hook it up like the normal towbar, or perhaps you could actually use the towbar to connect it to the powered wheels. Hope you get the gist of this. Nev..

Lifting the tail to place the tailwheel on the device will do his back in,

Those particular ones you don't have to lift the aircraft on it, you just position the unit under and slide the pegs under the wheel, and bombs away!

Guest Maj Millard

There are some pretty simple designs out there, and some available commercially. The simplest way is to put a rechargable battery powered motor on you tow bar, with the switch up by the handle, so you can operate and steer. The motor then drives a single solid rubber wheel which you can bear down onto the tailwheel with. Simple, but they do work well enough. For operation in the oposite direction you either turn the thing over, or use a motor with a reversing switch.

Just go to BCF or supercheap and by the cheapest 12volt winch on the shelf, then set it up on a trolley with a 12volt heavy duty battery driving the wheels using direct friction drive as maj said or by a bike chain (easy to figure out) two way switch for forward and reverse and attach a tow attachment to connect to aircraft. good weekend project for someone..

tractor

I have the bottom half of an electric wheelchair..New , no seat. 6 wheels 2 wheel drive (10? inch mid wheel drives) I know where I can get a joystick controller....would just need tow attachment. Geoff

Gday Maj

I don't know whose wheel chair it was, I didn't ask, I just tipped the chair forward and she fell out, she was making a bit of a ruccus when I left with the chair but I didn't get a name, I wasn't really listening.

Anyway, I think that I have finally worked out the video of my mate shifting my Jab with the tug.

Cheers, Qwerty 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif