Citroen Visa engine

Guest ozzie

Guest Maj Millard

Yes looks like that could be a handy little air-cooled engine for aircraft use. Probabily run better if he had plugged that open line coming off the carb. Just need to work out where to put the prop...............................................................................................024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Guest Walter Buschor

A Citroen Visa engine?

no - no way.

My wife and I had a holiday in Switzerland some years ago and took a Citroen 2CV to France.

I had a perverted desire to drive one of these gadgets and during the whole trip I was reminded of the fact that it was a heap of cowdung. It was guttless beyond believe. It managed less than 60 km/h on the freeway at times and this with the pedal mashed through the floor. The thought to have this unit on any aircraft is actually quite funny since "air" can be deleted and all that remains is "craft". The thing would never fly!

there are better alternatives !

happy flying

Walter

Hi

the 2cv is a 120 km/h cruising car. I think yours has reach the TBO !!

In france (and other european country) some ultralight planes use this kind of engine (without the gear box) coming from a VISA

it is like a 1/2 VW

they aren't powerfull but very light weight

MicheL

Hey MicheL, How about the GS Club flat 4? If only it wasn't such a high revving engine. Much smoother than a VW and goes like a cut snake. Do you know if anybody has used it? I heard or saw a snippet that a commercial firm did some experimentation....true?

Guest Walter Buschor

Hi Michel,

Loved your pictures of the engine. A true work of art. The plane also is a piece of art . s it a Pue due Ciel? pardon my french but it looks like one.

I do still think that the only way to get a deu chevaux to do a 120 km/hr is down a mineshaft with tailwind. I do have a soft spot for the car - and engine - it is one of the all time greats with the beetle, 911 etc.

In Australia people are a little bigger ( from eating burgers - not croissants ) that some if not most would never fit in the plane you showed in the pictures. It IS a great plane though - as IS the Engine. - well done. We do need a little more "grunt" however. That's why the 2CV has to miss out .

Finally though

m parents had 4 renault estaffet's , 2 peugeot 505, & 1 604.

vive la france

Walter

Yes the pictures show some "pou du ciel" (louse of the sky)

The guy who made the drawing says "if you are able to build a box with wooden plates, you are able to build a pou du ciel.

It's a 2 axis plane

Lot of people in france used to build some in their garage

and here is a modern one with a subaru engine