Hello

Guest jrhodes973

Guest jrhodes973

I'm John from Colorado, USA. I have an X-air Hanuman with Jabiru 2200 engine. I fly several times a week and have put about 350 hrs on my plane since I bought it in July 2008.

Hi "JR". You must fly long distances occasionally, or just often.

In any event, welcome to our forums, & hope to hear more from you.

Regards, Decca.098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Neil Farr

Happy x-air owner

Hi JR.I have an x-air standard with a Rotax 582. Finished building it about two and a half years ago and have logged about 180 hours. Fly from Lake Keepit near Tamworth and am having a ball.

Hi all,

I have an Xair std. with 582 rotax. C Box and brolga prop. I fly out of Goulburn in Southern NSW. Built the Xair about 3 years ago. Have 155 hrs on it and loved every moment I spend in it. I am looking for options of installing, or carrying, more fuel for x country work. (any ideas?) Neil, in the new year, or early in 2010 I will be doing a long flight from Goulburn to Armidale and Inverell to visit family. They may not be the fastest thing in the air but the fun value makes up for it.

Cheers

Maynard

Hi Maynard,

Do you have the 80Lt. tank fitted?

I have seen an X-Air at Tamworth that had the 80Lt. tank plus a 20Lt. plastic drum strapped on the pax seat with a car electric fuel pump fitted to the top and he had a small sealed motorcycle battery to run it. He said that gave him about 9 hours of flying. Don't think my bladder would endure that amount of flying, ha, ha.

Bob.

Guest schrammy

guys,I have a 80L tank fitted in my xair std.Not sure how this was done but the previous owner was a professional fibreglasser,not sure if the tank was cut and shut,lenghtened or widened,but could ask him if any one requires more info.The bigger tank is great,I,d be lost with out it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Brad..

Guest Neil Farr

X-air fuel

Hi Maynard.When are you doing your trip. It would be good to catch up if we could. We have 4 X-airs in our club up here so plenty to talk about.

I have the 80 litre tank fitted which was an option with the kit. Gives me about four and a half hours plus reserve. If I do a trip I carry an extra 20 strapped to the pas seat but put it in manually as I usually plan a stop along the way. Realalistically gives me about 6 hours.

• 4 months later...

Hiya John,

I have an Xair Hanuman with 2.2 jab also. I have a sweetapple prop that gives me a cruise of 80knots. Love flying the plane. I have done a few long trips including Queensland to Victoria.

I have a 80 lt tank that gives me a 4 hour duration.

Yours In Flying

Jim Tatlock.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys, I think I have narrowed my dream machine down to the X-Air Hanuman, chances are I'll end up having to settle for the X-Air standard (would love one! lol). Anyone want to trade for a 300HP Jetski that does 80MPH? What is the lifespan of the skins on these? Also what is the maint sched like? What are op costs on the td and hanuman? Thanks.

Welcome JR,

I hope you enjoy the site, I wish I could get that many hours up in that short time. I get a lot of short flights often but not too many long ones. I recon as long as I get off the ground every day or two I am having fun.

Monty

• 4 weeks later...

Hi John I'm building a Xair Hanuman looking forward to have it flying later in the year. Ive enjoyed your videos on youtube, great scenary you have over there & a fantastic aircraft to explore it in.

Cheers Tony