Jabiru J120

Guest Pioneer200

Guest Pioneer200

Just wondering how popular the J120 has been over there.

How many have jabiru sold?

Looks like a bargin price for a brand new aircraft, I see on the NZ CAA register 3 have now made NZ home.

Who here has flown one?

How do they compare to the J160 etc

Cheers:cool:024_cool.gif.7a88a3168ebd868f5549631161e2b369.gif

Pioneer, I've test flown one with Rodd Stiff from Jabiru and they are a great little ship. They are more slippery than the 160+170 with around a 105-108 knot cruise with the sensenich prop.

I also noticed an excellent climb rate compared to the 170 that I learnt in. They are smaller in the cab though and you don't have as much baggage room given the fuel tank being behind you in the cab.

I am hoping to put in an order for one at the end of the month. There are a few members in here that rave about them so they can offer a bit more.

J120-IMG_7939-.gif.adefeeb791570ca59d10f6ee1c8398e9.gif

Hi Pioneer

The J120 is probably the best value for money general use 2 seat aircraft on the market. I haven't flown one yet but I heva researched them extensively. If you are even thinking about it,....just place the order.

And no, I am not on the pay roll.

Cheers, Qwerty

Everyone I have spoken to who has flown the J120 says JAB HAS GOT IT RIGHT WITH THIS MODEL.

Good balance, climb out ability, wing is matched perfectly, not too much float on landing etc etc etc .

The rudder is bigger with more authority than the L55 predecessors and EASIER TO LAND!

I've done quite a bit of flying in the J120 - that is what I did my HP endorsement and x-country in.

I can't give a very good comparison though, having never been the PIC of any other Jab, been a flying pax, but never really flying any other properly to know any difference...

They are appreciably tiny, but I find it quite comfortable, but I'm not real stocky! long - but not big! :big_grin:

You can hardly get a new 4x4 for the cost of 120. Much more fun and the old LSA's landing difficulties solved. If only a bit more fuel (although ways around that).

They should be selling heaps more. Beleave 230 is the biggest seller now.

J120

Our Flying Club (Horsham Flying Club) uses the J120 as a trainer. We also have a RAA registered J230 as a glider tow (amongst other duties).

I feel that it can be a little confining for long X-country flights (I recently flew from Horsham to Echuca), but as a regular fly, it is was a fun plane to learn in (the instructor helps). :thumb_up:

I can't knock it either as a trainer or as something more permanent.

011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

I have owned one now for over 18 months. It truely is a fantastic aircraft. it is not perfect and there is always the knockers around, but as mentioned earlier , it is the best value for money aircraft you can get anywhere.

It is small, but I have had 6' 4" guys in mine.

You can't compare it to the J230 because it is in a different class (size, speed, room, engine and cost). Bit like comparing a Cessna 172 to a 210.

A mate and I flew mine from QLD to Avalon this year with all our gear, camping included, without a problem. The fuel tank size is not a problem if you plan your flight properly. How long does one need to fly without stopping?

If you need parts, it is just a phone call and you have them in a day or so. Try that with an imported aircraft.

J160 has more room but not the performance.:thumb_up:

J120

Personally,

I love the J120.

Being vertically challanged may have something to do with that. However, as far as ease, value for money and just damn good looking. It'll be my choice when I get the funds to purchase one myself

Fly safe

Bec

I heard someone say yesterday that the 120 has fairly small wheels and the brake disc is actually bigger than the tyre when it's flat meaning that a flat on landing may end up digging the brake disc into the surface. Has anyone heard anything about this?

Actually they do look like they'd be at home on the front of an old Fergie i_dunno...

Well you'd get a higher lift out of the three point linkage!:clown: