Understanding CASA Regs

Thx1137

From Dick Smith's site Introduction

I wonder what he thinks of CASAs rule making? :-)

Proposed Civil Aviation Regulation Act

Rule 1000(a). No pilot or pilots, or persons, or persons acting on the direction or suggestion or supervision of the pilot or pilots may try, or make attempt to try, to comprehend or understand any or all, in whole or in part, of the herein mentioned Civil Aviation Regulations, except as authorised by the Director or an agent appointed by the Director.

Rule 1000(b). If the pilot or group of associated pilots become aware of, or realises, or detects, or discovers, or finds that he, or she, or they, are, or have been, beginning to understand the Civil Aviation Regulations, they must immediately within three (3) days notify in writing the Director.

Rule 1000©. Upon receipt of the abovementioned notice of impending comprehension, the Director will immediately re-write the Civil Aviation Regulations in such a manner as to eliminate any further comprehension hazards.

Rule 1000(d). The Director may, at his or her option, require the offending pilot, or pilots, to attend remedial instruction in the Civil Aviation Regulations until such time that the pilot, or pilots, are too confused to be capable of understanding anything.

Yes, he's captured it perfectly.

When I go over my old notes now and again I find regulations which were as simple as road rules which have been superseded several times into something tens times a complicated and 10% as safe.

Yes and no.The 1974 Trade Practices Act was brilliant, and only recently two companies were fined $1m each and executives $30,000 personally for collusion.

I agree, love the TPA, I can quote one section by heart (I'm not a nerd, I'm a law student 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif)