Hanuman

Spriteah

• 1 year later...

Hi Spriteah I am looking at what to buy, looking at X-Air Std for an entry level buy, through to Jab LSA/X-Air Hanuman mid level and Morgan Sierra at the high end, I like the look of the Hanuman, did you build it yourself or you buy second hand? If you did build it what was the build like? How does it fly and what are some rough costs in terms of build and operating?

• 7 months later...
Hiif you want to buy an hanuman don't take it with the jab but with a 912 rotax engine

MicheL

MicheL, apart from the (perceived?) reliability of the Jabiru, is there another reason why you recommend the Rotax for the X-Air H?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest 4aplat
MicheL, apart from the (perceived?) reliability of the Jabiru, is there another reason why you recommend the Rotax for the X-Air H?

I think the reliability is a vedry good reason !!

But with the rotax, take off are shorters ans average speed is better (due to the reducter on the rotax)

MicheL

• 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...
Hello all users. I have a Xair Hanuman with a 2.2 Jab motor and Sweetapple prop. Love the plane.If you have any questions do not hesitate to give me a call. Jim Mobile 0403228986.

How easy do you find it to fold the wings on your hanuman?

I think the reliability is a vedry good reason !!

But with the rotax, take off are shorters ans average speed is better (due to the reducter on the rotax)

MicheL

Also the 912 is heavier and needs a radiator and oil tank and despite what you say they do stop and they have been known to break crankshafts and sprague clutches I also have a H with a jab in it and I'm very happy with it light quiet and good on fuel.

• Like 1

Also the 912 is heavier and needs a radiator and oil tank and despite what you say they do stop and they have been known to break crankshafts and sprague clutches I also have a H with a jab in it and I'm very happy with it light quiet and good on fuel.

I have a Hanuman with a Jab engine. I cruise at 80 knots 2800-2850 rpm 16 lt hour. Mine is VH registered I have to have an instrument 8 ever 2 years so I know the ASI is calibrated correctly. Great plane to fly excellent price & running costs if your on a tight budget.

• Agree 1
  • Informative 1

I have a Hanuman with a Jab engine. I cruise at 80 knots 2800-2850 rpm 16 lt hour. Mine is VH registered I have to have an instrument 8 ever 2 years so I know the ASI is calibrated correctly. Great plane to fly excellent price & running costs if your on a tight budget.

But, how easy is it to fold the wings on these?

I have never folded the wings on mine but it looks fairly easy if you look at the Irish and British websites xairireland.com they have pics of them folded and make a nylon adaptor that helps line up the spars to make reassembly easier.i think youwould need something to support the wing tips in the folded position .