196 training DVD/ Video

jordy

Hey guys

I've just bought a Garmin 196 and love it. I friend loaned me an old training video for the unit which runs through the extensive capabilities of the 196.

Does any one know where I can get hold of a DVD of this information?pope.gif.f606ef85899745c40c103dff0622d758.gif

Positive..the guy in the intro even says he works for Garmin flying the country (USA) demonstrating the unit... Amazing Vid.. anyway I have put other wheels in motion to track it down. The copy I saw was pretty poor quality and probably not worth transfering to DVD

I have just contacted Garmin and they advised that Garmin doesn't have a training video/DVD for the 196 so my guess is that it was from some 3rd party - if you can give me any more info I can try and track it down for you.

196 video

I spoke to Garmin Aust today and was informed that they used to carry it but don't stock the item any more. :faint:They advised me to source it via Garmin USA.

I found the Part or stock number 010-10467-00 and have noticed it readily available on numerous sites and hopefully tonight will find out if its available on DVD to save the USA-Aust video conversion dramas. Might be a good one for Clear Prop.

Will keep you informed.

196 dvd

I have a copy of the DVD for the 196. Much easier to follow and understand than the manual. Its a real eye opener and well presented by a Garmin employee.

I would recommend to 196 owners. I have upgraded to the 296 a couple of years ago but most of the instruction covers this model too. Wonder if there is a traing DVD for the 296 also?

It would be handy for the upgraded information.

Phil.

Is there any way we can get it broken up into sections and uploaded into the Video Library here?

Make for a great resource for everyone here who uses the 196/296