Just landed in the land of Oz

Tigershark21

Greetings everyone! 011_clap.gif.c796ec930025ef6b94efb6b089d30b16.gif

..The name's Adam, I'm new here and what an awesome site this is!

First started flying at age 15 (gliding) then moved onto GA but moved straight onto ultralights as soon as I discovered them at age 16!

I gotta love the performance today's ultralights can put out as opposed to the old GA derelicts of yesteryear (although i have a soft spot for some GA aircraft, but not the costs associated with them!!!)

I'm very much so looking foward to building my first aircraft, but first I need some help with which category to start! The second hand market looks good but can be hit-and-miss there. Factory aircraft are nice and shiney and $$$ however I don't get to put my love into it !

I want to build and fly and never sell a nice spruce and ply Corby starlet or a Taylor Titch with a lovely Jabiru 80hp....I'm leaning towards the Corby. Two seat aircraft are great, however I'll stick with a 1 seater for now.

It's great to be a member here !:thumb_up:

Hi Steven,

Thanx 4 the reply. I notice you have a sportstar! ...wow... some time ago I seen one with mum n dad at Boonah Qld (flying tigers club) and it was quite nice!

I gotta admit those types of machines are the future ...who on earth would want a C-152?? ....and yes I do have it bad.. it's gotten to the point where I guess the plane flying overhead by the type of engine I hear... and if it's not a Lycoming, I run outside to see what it is flying overhead! ..If it's a radial, I fly out the door! hehehe

..and yes I do have it bad.. it's gotten to the point where I guess the plane flying overhead by the type of engine I hear... and if it's not a Lycoming, I run outside to see what it is flying overhead! ..If it's a radial, I fly out the door! hehehe

098_welcome.gif.81ff07d492568199326e4f64f78d7bc6.gif

i think I have the same disease, have you found a cure? Missus always rolling her eyes and shaking her head haha

PS where have you landed from?

Hey Adam.... Awesome to hear from ya! :thumb_up:

I think I must be in a similar boat as you! I gotta see what it is flying over head, you get pretty good after a while on guessing what it is too!

Corby Scarlets are a beaut lit'l aircraft, and I'd buy one straight away, but I kinda like two seats! Much more fun taking someone else flying as well... So I might get myself a Jab kit one day when I'm feeling rich and nothing to do... 031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif

BTW... am interested in how you tumbled across the site?

Hope to catch ya sometime...

Now THAT looks smashing! I could see myself with one of those puppies! They take pretty big engines tho ey? ...Are they still in the Ultralight category? ..I saw on the VANS website that they are a lil on the heavy side is that true?

Did you say Morane-Saulnier ??? holy cow... Those guys started out in the year 1881 !!!

....old school totally rocks!

I'm originally from the central coast too! From Umina Beach! ...yes I'm a beach bum haha (jokes) I used to work at Westfield Tuggerah for a while there hahaha... I've flown out of Warnervale a few times too. I hated the rocks on the tarmac that the props would kick up.

How is it out there ?