Foxbats in Sydney?

Guest burbles1

Guest burbles1

I'd like to try a Foxbat sometime, particularly for STOL training, but the only one I know of I believe has a MTOW 450kg. Is there an LSA model online around Sydney?

Thanks

I'd like to try a Foxbat sometime, particularly for STOL training, but the only one I know of I believe has a MTOW 450kg. Is there an LSA model online around Sydney?Thanks

The Foxbat as far as I know are 544kg - there is one at Port Macquarie if that helps!

I would have thought they would automatically get 544 as long as nothing changed in the airframe when re-certified at 544 031_loopy.gif.e6c12871a67563904dadc7a0d20945bf.gif

Perhaps a call to Peter Harlow at Silverwing 03 9592 3101 would be the best resource to find out if there are any closer to Sydney

I'd like to try a Foxbat sometime, particularly for STOL training, but the only one I know of I believe has a MTOW 450kg. Is there an LSA model online around Sydney?Thanks

Hi Burbles, by the sound of it you're already familiar with the rules restricting the Recreational A22 to 450kg.

If you're particularly after an LSA to fly I'd contact the distributers (www.foxbat.com.au) and ask them if there's one in the Sydney basin.

But if you're just after STOL training I'm not sure that an LSA would be that different to an recreational Foxbat.

We have a Foxbat at The Oaks which is possibly the one you're already aware of, if you're flying out of Camden you could pop over and visit.

Next Saturday is not a 'training' day due to Christmas so I'm not sure if there'll be anyone out there but there will be people out there on Sunday.

If you wanted to have a fly you can contact our booking officer on 0425 251 939

Mark

Sydney Recreational Flying Club

Guest burbles1

Thanks Smokey. I know of your Foxbat - its MTOW is too low for me to fly, but I'm pretty sure it's the LS version with a higher MTOW that is more suitable. Looking further at Foxbat's website, this model only came into Oz in August, so I probably won't find any available.