Does this seem a reasonable combination?

Goodaye all

l have selected a T-51 kit (80% Mustang replica) to buy next year, does this sound a reasonable combination considering it was first designed for a Rotax 912 at 100hp and now there putting 250hp Honda auto engines in them.

l was thinking of equiping a T-51 with a Jabiroo 3300 (now 125Hp) and using a Airmaster AP332 constant speed prop.

MTW Can be 850kgs but would be closer to 700-750kgs.

l am open to suggestions.

regards Bruce

Comment.

I would be looking carefully into your engine-prop suitability.I am concerned about putting anything that is not proven in the way of propellers on any motor and Jabs normally run with wooden fixed pitch props. What are you going to fly it under VH experimental? If so you need a PPL.

More.

In the weight range you are considering, you might be a little underpowered, and if you have a small dia. (ungeared) prop the take-off performance might be unimpressive on hot days. I know that it might seem like a Quantum leap, but the alloy chev V8 looks the best auto conversion to me. It's compact and not heavy being a pushrod motor.Nev

There is a Suzuki and Honda engine conversion that would give 183hp and 270hp, but with two adults and fuel it would be 840kg.

Not against this but l wouldent mind a certified engine.

As for the Chev they say its not suitable at all.

l would love the spit but it would be twice the price finished.

Should also add that l will get the engine package when its closer to being finished.

regards Bruce

Realistic.

The RV people within saaa seem to think that the "certified" or near so, engines get you in the air quicker and with all the trouble adapting other engines and the RE drives, often at no more cost in the long run. A proven prop-engine combination has to be worth a certain peace of mind. This is the aspect that I would see as important from a safety viewpoint. Nev