CT Flap Switch additions

WestCoast

Flight Design have added a new switch adjacent to the Flap selector. (see photo). According to reports on the U.S. website, there had been some problems with the flap motor tripping due to pilots selecting a setting (say 30) then selecting a lower setting (say 15) while the flaps were still running to 30 degrees.

Here is an explanation from Tom Peghiny (a U.S. Flight Design dealer).

"The little black rectangle should have been placarded by the

factory (and it will) but it is a double circuit breaker for the

flaps, not a reset button. It has a 1 AMP breaker for the flap board and a 10 AMP breaker for the motor all in one unit. The way to reset the flaps is to pull the left main breaker and reset it. Also read up on the manual override option on the flap switch in the AOI.

Please advise the forum. TP"

Thomas A. Peghiny

1728440841_FlapSwitch.jpg.36c424e59abaab8d55839200af2a5b69.jpg

Dave, my CT should arrive on Sat Week when the boat docks in melb and probably by the time it clears customs, wings assembled, graphics done etc it will be ready for flying close to the end of the month - just when I finish up here in Port Macquarie - wonder what I will be doing with my time then 006_laugh.gif.0f7b82c13a0ec29502c5fb56c616f069.gif

But a warning to all - be prepared for a massive amount of gloating, boasting and zillions of pictures ;)

That reminds me I am after some ideas of colour schemes - hopefully one to better my last one - refer to the CT in the photo gallery

Ian, the next ten days will seem like a lifetime......I have been there!...however having seen your options list, I am sure the wait will have been well worth while...... I am :yuk: with envy already......might just have to order the new 2007 CTsw with retractable gear & gas turbine....just kidding!! ;)

Looking forward to lots of pictures.

Regards

Dave

Guest palexxxx
But a warning to all - be prepared for a massive amount of gloating, boasting and zillions of pictures ;)

Ian,

Post all the pics that you want. I never get tired of looking at CT's.

Peter.